cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

860 EVO Firmware RVT04B6Q

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an 860 EVO 500 GB currently on Firmware RVT03B6Q with an option to upgrade to RVT04B6Q, can anyone tell me what's changed, if it's worth upgrading or where I can find notes on this new firmware version, thanks! 

Steps already tried to locate firmware changes:

Magician Software

Google

Reddit

Discord

Twitter

Chat

Phone support 

(each platform is clueless and suggests to contact the next)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 860 EVO Firmware RVT04B6Q

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the response I recieved from Samsung when I asked what changes this firmware contains. I find it fishy they they themselves don't even know what's going on. It's unbelievable that this was a response from samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com  

"Hello -----,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. As far as we are aware, the 860 Evo Firmware Revision RVT04B6Q adds compatibility to the drive with some older systems."

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've updated to RVT04B6Q and experienced severe performance regression. When downloading files (ex. steam library updating) the drive goes up to 100% and my system slows to a crawl. Never experienced that in RVT03B6Q firmware. Hopefully this will get fixed ASAP.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing, your feedback is the only known experience with RVT04B6Q to my knowledge. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have failed Windows 10 start after upgrade to bvt04b6q. It starts with the attempt to recover windows which finally fails even trying to recover from the windows recovery 2 points.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4 months later, and I'm being prompted to take an updated version of this firmware.  No explanation provided, no idea of how the upgrade is installed, no idea of what the changes are.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same troubles, pc was not to handle anymore. After long Searcing , the only  solution was, back to factory default . Before this i Made a backup clone .  This was a great rescue .  The Samsung SSD works fine now.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had just updated firmware on my Samsung 860 Evo to RVT04B6Q, and write performance dropped from 550 to 300-310Mbps.. so this firmware broke the performance of SSD seriously.

I tested 10times, restarted PC, trim is enabled.. really annoying.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the response I recieved from Samsung when I asked what changes this firmware contains. I find it fishy they they themselves don't even know what's going on. It's unbelievable that this was a response from samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com  

"Hello -----,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Support. As far as we are aware, the 860 Evo Firmware Revision RVT04B6Q adds compatibility to the drive with some older systems."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 2 hours of usage, I tested again, and now the speed is normal as it should be (562/532MB).
I didn't notice any other issues. So maybe it's a process of firmware update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm happy to hear that you're not experiencing any problems, thank you for sharing.