cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 860 EVO Firmware RVT04B6Q

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to point out that this new firmware to fix big problems I had with the expensive Marvel 88SE9280, 4x SATA III 6/Gs PCIe cards 4x.
Before the update this card saw the SSD without read/write capability. So I couldn't exploit my SSD. Since the upgrade I can use the SSD even for booting.
Thank you because it allows me to double my performance because I can finally switch from SATA 3 3G/s or my SATA 3 6G/s controller.

Before (Internal Controller SATA III 3G/s)

Internal Controller SATA III 3G/sInternal Controller SATA III 3G/s

After with expensive Marvel 88SE9280 SATA PCIe cards SATA III 6G/s

expensive Marvel 88SE9280 SATA PCIe cards SATA III 6G/sexpensive Marvel 88SE9280 SATA PCIe cards SATA III 6G/s

I'll let you judge for yourself why I'm very happy to finally be able to use my PCIe card with this new firmware.

PS:

I reinstalled the Samsung Magician software and since then it can no longer detect my EVO 860 SSD correctly in the software.

I tried both version 6.0.0 and 6.0.1.

While before reinstalling all was correctly detect .

No DetectNo Detect

Do you have any idea how to solve the problem?

[Edito : Update... Self-answer of myself Smiley Tongue]

I assumed the incompatibility comes from my Marvell 88SE9230 PCIe card (B07MPG1DKD).

I plugged the EVO 860 into the SATA of my motherboard and there all the features are available.

As you can see :

Annotation 2020-04-25 221750 - Copie.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-25 221927.jpg

Before the SSD wasn't even usable on this controller and since RVT04B6Q it's available. So I guess there will be some evolutions coming for the compatibility with this controller.

My problem is that I can't let my EVO 860 plug into my motherboard because it only supports SATA II (3Gb/s) so I don't fully exploit my SSD.
I have to connect it to my Marvell 88SE9230 controller to exploit it at 100%.

Kevin Guimbeau