JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

860 evo this drive is not supported

(Topic created: 02-08-2020 01:41 PM)
userDsfbPLy946
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The samsung magician software (latest version 5.2.1) has something to say about may

ssd 860 evo 1tb

it says that this drive is not suppored

How can I solve this?

The drive is directly connected to the motherboard, no adapters used.

Is als says that

Interface: sata 6.0Gb/s

ahci mode: activated

trim status: enabled

rapid mode: not supported

16 Replies
userYE8N8BC3kL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

image.jpg

Yeah. Bought mine from amazon and I’m getting frustrated as heck. Can’t optimize or anything, can’t even find downloadable firmware versions for the 1tb 860 evo. If anyone knows a fix please say so

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Magician can't work on USB ports.  The drive has to connected via a well behaved Sata 3 port.

0 Likes
usertbq92BXrmf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

So mine is attached to a SATA III controller on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo.  HDTune reads SMART, no problem.  Magician doesn't.  So it doesn't sound like a SATA driver problem, but rather a Samsung software problem with Magician.  

0 Likes
userMvZ7o60kQn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

860evo is not supported by ma860evo.PNGMagician_Evo_860.PNGgician software , connected to usb 

0 Likes
user67a7XhEgEL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Asteroid, I had a similar problem to you and tried all the suggestions on this site to no avail. My BIOS also has the drive seen as in AHCI mode. I diagnosed that the problem MAY have started after I set my original Magician  v5.5(which was working) to Rapid mode, I also used  'Overprovisioning' to set aside 10% of my drive. I also started getting a BSOD 'Kmode not handled' loop that stopped my PC starting. When PC actually did start the Magician gave an error message, Drive not found,(which could explain the 'Kmode not handled' BSOD, since bootup was looking for a driver that it couldnt find, and I couldn't diagnose which driver that was ) but then would open Magician  with the 'not supported' leaders you suggested. After using the other methods in this post and reinstalling etc it still didn't work. Finally I booted into safe mode, uninstalled Magician, clicked into 'Drive Management' via Device Manager and re-extended the drive to recover the overprovisioning partition  then reinstalled Magician v6, rebooted, and wahey! problem(s) solved. Hope this helps someone.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel i73770k, 32gb Ram Asus P8Z77-V mobo, Asus RTX Ndvidia 2060 Super 8GB 1TB Sandisk Ultra System Drive, 1TB Samsung 860evo projects drive.

0 Likes
usersQGx6z1LYy
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you guys are using Windows 10, may have application protection enabled. It's really good protection but it will stop lots of applications from accessing hardware...easy to resolve...

1. Check your task bar notifications
     Notification.png
  2. Click on the latest warning
     Warning.png
  3. Click on any of the warnings to bring up Protection History
  4. Click on top warning and verify it's legit
    Warning1.JPG
  5. Click Actions then Allow on device
    Actions1.png
  6. Repeat 4 & 5 above for each related warning
  7. Enjoy!

0 Likes
userwfikWIUkj1
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I had issues as well.  I ended up not going to worry about warranty.  I used a USB external device (usb3 on a computer with only USB2) .  I used a free clone software, to save the Latitude 6420 8gig ram, 1Tb HD to the USB external case with the SSD.  the Free clone software required $50 bucks for the advance features for SSD cloning, and such.  my system is running really well. (on day 2)  incidentally I was going to uninstall Magician, and found out it was working.  It had updated my SSD Firmware, and was looking as expected this morning. Magician will stay.  I am running the latest Win10 with all the updates, and run Intel/Dell supports to ensure those drivers are up to date previous to this week.  other OS conditions, Windows swap file is set to zero.

Not sure what worked, I know AHCI is still off, and surprising that this system is Sata3.  I am really happy with my system today. 

0 Likes