cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

970 EVO Plus Temps

Hi,

I purchased two Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVME M.2 drives on the same day and installed them in a Asus Gaming TUF x570 Plus WiFi motherboard. I have a full tower case with six 120mm fans. I never had issues with my other SSD drives when it came to temps with this combo motherboard and case.

The problem is the difference in temps for boths drives while idleing and gaming. One drive is 35 degrees celsius and the other is 50 degrees celsius at idle. Why such a big difference in temps while at idle?

When gaming the one that was 50 at idle goes up to 65 degrees and the one that was 35 goes to around 45 degrees and that drive is the one the games and pagefile are installed on not the 50 degree one.

The one that is 35 at idle sits on the motherboard between the GPU and CPU while the one at 50 idle is in a spot with nothing around it to cause the temp to increase.

I thought by putting heatsinks on them it might cool down the one that was running hotter but it did nothing.

Could the one drive be bad?

Thanks

970 ssd idle.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: 970 EVO Plus Temps

Swap the slots they are in and see if the temp tracks the drive or stays with the slot.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Actually I ordered a replacement motherboard which is coming in tomorrow. Will check to see if that resolves the issue.
Highlighted
Asteroid

New motherboard nothing changed the one M.2 970 EVO Plus is still running idle at 50 degrees celsius.