cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userRCptxN5YZY
Asteroid

970 EVO on Lenovo P72 Samsung Magican Rapid Mode Not Supported

I installed a 970 EVO into my Lenovo P72 and installed Samsung Magician 5.3.0 (and now 5.3.1) however I am getting a message saying RAPID mode is not available.  I have verified the drive is not set to RAID and I've installed the 970 drivers.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 970 EVO on Lenovo P72 Samsung Magican Rapid Mode Not Supported

For support on your SSD, I would suggest reaching out to our dedicated memory support team. This team’s operation hours are Mon through Fri 9AM - 12AM, and Sat 9AM - 9PM. They can be contacted by phone at 800-726-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRCptxN5YZY
Asteroid

Samsung's flyers are very misleading.  Apparently RAPID mode is not supported on the 970 Plus... said it was for the 800 series???  There was a flyer included with the drive saying to install Samsung Magician... sadly there is no magic without the RAPID mode... so it should be Samsung tools or something like that.  Very disappointed.

Rapid mode is a method to boost the performance of the 800 series Sata based drives.

The 970 EVO is a newer NVME drive that with a decent hardware platform performs 6 to 7 times faster than the Sata drives and doesn't need a Rapid mode.

userRCptxN5YZY
Asteroid

However much faster it is than the 800 series, it still isn't as fast as RAM.  Given that Samsung owns the software there is no reason to not allow the use of RAPID mode on any drive and give the users the option of choosing to 'boost' the NVME drive if they so choose.