cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

970 evo plus not giving full speed

I have installed samsung 970 evo plus in my hp envy bp112dx but the speed of ssd is restricted . In samsung magician it shows PCIe interface 3.0×1 i guess because of which the speed is restricted how to change it to PCIe 3.0×4 to get the most of it .Do I need to change any settings or install any software or driver's or change the drive from basic to dynamic etc which ll allow the ssd to run at its full speedCheck interface PCIe gEn 3×1Check interface PCIe gEn 3×1

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: 970 evo plus not giving full speed

change it to dynamic
Highlighted
Asteroid

What exactly i need to do After changing it to dynamic I am also having one hhd which is dynamic so should i keep both the drive to dynamic or ssd dynamic and hhd basic and what are the settings i need to do after changing to dynamic and do i need to fresh install windows again after making it dynamic

Highlighted

What speeds are you getting? also, I don't recommend changing it to dynamic, that won't change speeds regardless.
Highlighted
Asteroid

868 mbps read and 842 write868 mbps read and 842 write

Highlighted

Re: Re: 970 evo plus not giving full speed

Those speeds are normal.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Brother it should give at least 3000 mbps because of which I bought that the problem is because of PCIe interface which is 3.0×1 it should be 3.0×4

Highlighted

Those speeds that they advertise says "Up to 3400mbps" but those speeds are just showing the limit of the SSD in the most optimized conditions. That's why it says "UP TO" but in reality you're gunna get 500-1000mbps depending on if the OS is on the ssd too and how much other stuff is installed.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have installed windows on that ssd and i also have one hhd in my system but why not it is running in PCIe 3×4 the spec's are I7 8th gen 16gb ram 1 tb hhd and 500gb samsung 970 evo plus there is nothing installed in the laptop I guess the problem is because of interface . If the interface says it is running on PCIe 3.0×4 then it is fine that speed is as per optimisation but the interface is showing PCIe 3.0×1 bec of which the speed is getting restricted

Highlighted

The speed isn't restricted youre getting the correct speeds already.