Original topic:

980 Pro 1TB With Heatsink Showing as NA in Samsung Magician

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 03:21 PM)
ExplodingJuice
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just purchased the Samsung 980 Pro 1TB With Heatsink but when I go into Samsung Magician the health of the drive is displayed as "N/A". Also, the Diagnostic Scan, Performance Optimization, Over Provisioning, Secure Erase, PSID Revert, & Encrypted Drive all state "The selected drive does not support this feature".  Also, when I click on Driver Details there is no "Genuine" tag/label/wording listed anywhere. All of my other drives show up as genuine and work as they are supposed to with no issue (3 870 QVO drives & a 980 Pro 500GB drive).

Now this is the 3rd 980 1TB with Heatsink drive that I have purchased and I am still seeing this issue. I returned the other 2 due to fears that they were counterfeit drives (purchased them all from Best Buy). What can be done about this? I would like to be able to use my drive as intended without any of these issues.NA For Drive HealthNA For Drive HealthNo Genuine Text AnywhereNo Genuine Text AnywhereDiagnostic Scan Not AvailableDiagnostic Scan Not AvailablePerformance Optimization Not AvailablePerformance Optimization Not AvailableOver Provisioning Not AvailableOver Provisioning Not AvailableSecure Erase Not AvailableSecure Erase Not AvailablePSID Revert Not AvailablePSID Revert Not AvailableEncrypted Drive Not AvailableEncrypted Drive Not AvailableSamsung Magician Not Recognizing The Drive In QuestionSamsung Magician Not Recognizing The Drive In Question

0 Likes
19 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
Have you checked your motherboard settings to make sure that the device is supported
0 Likes
ExplodingJuice
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Definitely. My motherboard is the ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. It has 2 NVMe slots and both support full PCIe 4.0 speeds.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
Have you checked windows disk management to see if the drive is configured correctly
0 Likes
ExplodingJuice
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes. I went through all of the steps. It is set as GPT and it can be read by Windows. I can even move files to and from it.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
Try to uninstall Samsung magician and then reinstall the software also I may be a windows 11 issue, the drive should work fine
0 Likes
ExplodingJuice
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I tried reinstalling Samsung Magician 7.0 several times. I even tried Samsung Magician 6.3 and no dice. Both versions have shown the same NA all across the board.  Unfortunately I do not have a Windows 10 PC available to try that troubleshooting option.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
It has to be a window 11, Samsung magician issue makes no sense unless it's an unknown issue with the new 980 with the heatsink
0 Likes
ExplodingJuice
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Yeah that is what I was thinking. Everything works 100% EXCEPT this heatsink model which is really weird. I just wish I had a PC with Windows 10 lying around so that I can test it to see if that is the case.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory
It has to be a windows 11 issue
0 Likes