Original topic:

980 Pro Reduced IOPS, Also Can't Run Secure Erase for Hardware Encryption without PS/2 Ports?

(Topic created: 08-10-2021 09:22 PM)
useri6W6vmUG2P
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I have a new 1TB 980 Pro that has had reduced IOPs over a very short period of time. The sequential speeds are a bit odd as well. I have the latest firmware and drivers. Here's a screenshot of several benchmarks over time.

980 Pro Benchmarks.png

As you can see the sequential read speed increases to what it's rated at, but the random read and write drop by about 90k and 70k in just a couple days after building the computer, and then 2 months later the random read is about another 30k lower. Does it decrease depending on how full the drive is or something? Mine is about half full. What are most people getting with these?

I have noticed windows isn't as snappy as it was when I first booted up, and programs definitely seem to load a bit slower. I am a little suspicious it may have something to do with my grave mistake of installing asus armory crate software, and the absurd amount of services it chooses to run. I've tried uninstalling all of the bloatware it put on here, but I can't seem to get rid of it all no matter what I do. I'd like to do a secure erase and a fresh install of windows to get rid of all that and troubleshoot, but also to use the hardware encryption available with this model, but my motherboard has no ps/2 ports and I can't seem to use the bootable usb without a ps/2 keyboard, so if anyone could help with that I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Zach

5950x
x570 Crosshair VIII Hero
32 GB 3600 CL18 (4x8 GB)
RTX 3090
1TB 980 Pro
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

0 Likes
1 Reply
useri6W6vmUG2P
Constellation