Original topic:

980 Pro not compatible with Samsung Magician?

(Topic created on: 4/18/21 7:57 PM)
howie411
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Installed a 980 Pro in my Alienware R12, pretty sure originally it was showing up in Samsung Magician because I actually ran the benchmark, but now its saying its not compatible. 

Only thing I can think of is it stopped working when I installed my 970 Evo (as a second drive and my Seagate Barracuda.  But not sure why that would effect this. 

howie411_0-1618800906970.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

According to the R12 manuals it is designed and specified for a single NVME SSD.  The other M.2 socket is for a Wifi/Bluetooth card.

Did you really put a slow mechanical Sata hdd in the  R12 instead of a fast Sata SSD?

Remove the 970 and hdd, verify the 980 is in the proper M.2 socket and proceed from there.

Oh, btw, the error message shown states you are using an Intel driver which is not supported by Magician.  Magician 6.3?

0 Likes
howie411
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I put the 980 PRO in the nvme slot on the MB (replacing the 256 GB drive it came with).

The 970 EVO and Barracuda are connected vi SATA as they should.

Doing some more research it seems the bios is set to RST/RAID and needs to be set to ACHI.   So now the question is other then not being able to use Samsung Magician fir the main drive, do I lose any performance between RST/RAID and ACHI?

0 Likes
user69fh09x7b5
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

im in the same problem i need help too

0 Likes