Original topic:

980 SSD 1TB Failed Three Weeks Ago, No Resolution??? Still Waiting on Customer Service to Help???

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 12:40 AM)
BillyBob1
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I built a new computer in mid May with a 980 PCIe®3.0 NVMe®SSD 1TB, a Ryzen 9 5900x on an x570 Aorus Eilte motherboard. The online reviews made the 980 series sound good... but, now I know why... I will get into that later. Here is the issue. My system was black screening on rare occasions and rebooting. I would run diagnostics and find no issues. Then 3 weeks ago my SSD crashed the system and Windows error message said no boot drive found. I tried a couple more times and got it to boot. I tried tp use the Magician program and it was unable to do anything, completely useless. The system crashed again and this time never came back. So, I booted Windows off a usb drive. Windows Installation saw the drive but gave a partition error message and would not let me reinstall a copy of Windows 10. Using Windows installation attempted a new install. So, I flashed the bios to the latest version  F36 bios and that did not help. I tried to do  a clean install of Windows and this time the drive disappeared completely and Windows could not see the drive at all. I then installed windows on my backup 2 tb Seagate Barracuda hdd.... and neither Windows or the magician program could see the drive. I removed the drive and put it in the second M.2 slot and still no drive found. This was a complete drive failure of the ssd. 

I have been trying to get Samsung Customer Care to help with this issue for 3 weeks now and still have no resolution. They stall, they lie and say they will call me back but don't, I have been hung up on, transferred to wrong departments, etc. and every step of the way once I get to the "right dept" I am told they will note my concerns and get back to me in 1 to 8 business days - we are three weeks in and I am still not being guaranteed a solution. They tell me they have no replacement drives to ship out and are still the process of trying to arrange a refund. They say once it gets approved I will get sent the refund link from the bank and it should only take 2 to 3 business days to get the refund. But I have never been sent the link, Monday is a banking holiday so I am guessing the soonest this will happen is Tuesday, add 3 days, it will be Friday. So, I am looking forward to another week (4 weeks by then) without a resolution. 

I also tried to post a review of my experience with the SSD 980 and the total lack of timely support and the refusals to do anything but read scripts ... 1 to 8 business days... but not calling back. But, my first few reviews were denied publication, because, you are NOT allowed to say anything about customer support (or the lack of support), you cannot say they have refused to honor the warranty either... even though at this point they have not provided a new drive or a refund.... This is why there are so many good reviews but no bad reviews. They refuse to let people post the TRUTH about the horrible customer service and refusal to help on a warranty issue in a timely fashion. A bad warranty service is a major reason to avoid a product. 

There are many other similar complaints on message boards pertaining to the SSD 980 and the 980 PRO too. Seems there may be more to this than just a random one off defect with my ssd. 

I opened a Samsung Account, Registered my SSD. I am not sure what good that does as the website link on the my product page was broken on 9-18 when I tried to send on repair request, I have reported it on every call and as of 10-08 it sill was not fixed. 

The RMA case numbers/details are not listed or linked on my product registration account and they cannot link it for some reason??? They closed the first case number and issued a second case number for no reason. Maybe to inflate the case closure rate? 

The digital form the they sent me on two occasions had broken links and could not be completed online. They sent me a manual form to fill out and I sent it in on 10-04, but, they sent me the digital form again on 10-07 saying if I did not complete the digital form my issue would be delayed???  

At this point I do want and would not accept a replacement drive. Nothing short of a full refund is acceptable. Then, I will take my money elsewhere. This may very well be the last Samsung product I ever buy due to the horrible way I have been treated and the way they intentionally have delayed helping. 

Again, 3 weeks with no boot drive on an expensive computer...  and no resolution foreseeable at this time.

What I need most is someone in management at Samsung to assist with completing my refund so I can be done with this nightmare of an ordeal!!!

2 Replies
BillyBob1
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Unfortunately no one at Samsung has cared enough to offer any solution to my horrible experience with the Samsung SSD 980 nvme drive and the awful lack of support to get me a refund for the defective product I was sold. Please someone in MANAGEMENT AT SAMSUNG reach out to me and help me.... 3 1/2 weeks and still no guarantees from the horrible, third world call center that I will even receive a refund (they told me that they cannot send replacements but would start a refund process.) As of my last call yesterday they said they are still waiting to see if a refund will be approved and cannot put it in writing by email or text???  Why is Samsung refusing to honor the warranty?

0 Likes
userTgO05TVXar
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good Luck even when I finally had someone at Samsung say they would replace my SSD.  I never recieved the email even after I asked them to stay on the line til I got it.  They said "Oh it will get there" and hung up.

0 Likes