cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

A black mark on 34" LCD monitor - CH890 Series

I ordered a new monitor last month - Samsung C34H890WJN - CH890 Series. When I put on a light background, there seems to be a defect, a black mark in the top right corner of the screen. Upon further inspection, I suspect there is something lodged between the screen and the back light, as when seen from the side. Would you please advise how I obtain warranty service in San Franciso bay area?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A black mark on 34" LCD monitor - CH890 Series

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have pictures of your symptoms also how long have you had this monitor? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's a new monitor that I received on June 24, 2020. The mark showed on the top right corner of the monitor the first time when it was connected and powered on.

Mark on the right top corner of the monitorMark on the right top corner of the monitor

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Since the monitor is still so new I would recommend taking the monitor back for an exchange to resolve this issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've contacted the seller (Zones). They assigned me a case number on July 13 and didn't provide me any instructions. I asked them the specific instructions on July 22. They haven't taken any action yet.

Can I contact Samsung directly to obtain warranty service?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you will send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, we can set this up to be sent to our service center.