Original topic:

Accidentally flashed another ASMedia firmware (ewent) to a T7 Touch device

(Topic created on: 5/6/21 5:53 AM)
userpZgnUB9UUz
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi guys, so this T7 Touch device has been accidentally flashed by the ASM2360 tool with the firmware for an Ewent NVME to USB enclosure.

Because of that, the Samsung software won't recognise the T7 as a T7, and i cannot input credentials to unlock the drive.

Performance is also degraded severely, but at least the drive seems functional and responsive, i can still see the support partition.

I need the original firmware for the T7 Touch, so i can reflash and fix my problem.
As far as i can tell, the updated firmware only comes via the Samsung utility, and the 'update' button. But as it is no longer recognised i cannot update automatically.

Anyone here able to provide me with an original .bin file? Also, buying a donor drive to copy it from there is also no problem, but the flashing utility does not give me an option to copy from, only to devices.

Thanks!

Alwin

0 Likes
2 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

After looking around the net the question is:  Is the data on the drive critical and non replaceable?   If not then I would write it off as a careless mistake and bin it.  If the answer is yes then buy another T7, swap the drive module into it and recover it.  You would then have a functional T7 and a stealth drive that looks like a Touch but isn't...

YMMV

0 Likes
userpZgnUB9UUz
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So i understand s7 is made up of two parts. The usb board and the drive itself? 

I will buy a donor and swap the insides. Will report if it worked.

0 Likes