cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Atrocious SSD support experience

I just got off the phone with someone called "Gil", who claimed to be the manager of the Memory division. This post is intended to describe my predicament, in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction towards resolution, *and* in the hope that someone at Samsung is made aware of the horrendous quality of support being offered in Samsung's name.

An 850 Pro SSD that I had purchased a couple of years ago had a problem back in December, for which I had to send it in for warranty repair. After it was returned a couple of weeks later, it wouldn't work in my PC.

Jan 16: I contacted Samsung again, and I was asked to send it back in.

Jan 16: I received a call from Samsung, asking me *not* to send it in, and await instructions.

Jan 22: I received an email offering me a refund, and instructions to finally send the unit back in

jan 22: Shipped unit back to Samsung

Jan 31: Upon requesting an update, I received an email stating that the person was no longer handling the issue, and that someone would get back to me in 5-10 days.

Feb 02 - Feb 07:  I reopened my original ticket and asked for an update, only to find the support team were unaware of the call or the instructions. After a dialog spanning a few days we agreed that they would process the refund.

Feb 13: I contacted the support team via the ticket system, only to be told that they were waiting for a response from the "appropriate team".

Feb 21: Reached ou tvia the ticket system again, and received the response "Unfortunately, I have not heard from the team and do not have any update for you."

Feb 21: I decided to call Samsung. I was connected with someone called "Gil", who claimed to be the manager of the Memory division. My conversation with him ranks among the most frustrating I've had in customer support terms. He was rude, talked down to me repeatedly, kept telling me that I wasn't listening even though he kept skirting my questions, and stated that I would have to wait for someone to call me back. When I asked to speak with a superior, he claimed there was no one above him. When I asked whom I could complain about the issue, and about the call itself, he said there wasn't anyone.

This is very disappointing, to put it mildly. At this point Samsung is in possession of my SSD, refuses to provide me with any updates, has insulated themselves from any accountability, and seems intent on leaving customers high and dry by trashing their own warranty process.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Atrocious SSD support experience

Update: I finally received my refund check today, after repeatedly (every other day) re-opening my support ticket with a very polite request for an update. It helped that the agent on the other end of that dialog (Alfredo) was actually helpful in contacting the RMA Refund team on my behalf each time I reopened my ticket. Between his empathy and professionalism, and ratcheting down my own frustration when contacting them, he finally got them to take a look at my case and do the needful.

More details in a related post here.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Atrocious SSD support experience

I apologize for your inconvenience, I know how frustrating it can be at times dealing with multiple people in a ticket system like that. Im sorry you had to deal with such bad represendtation from Samsung this is not how we like to operate. but Im glad you were able to receive your refund after dealing with so much back and forth.  If you have any issues in the future with a Samsung device feel free to post in the community and we will be glad to assist you in any issues you may come across.