JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto Source Switch plus not switching back

(Topic created: 07-27-2022 07:01 AM)
SamoingRob
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've owned the Neo G7 monitor for a week now and the Auto Source Switch+ feature doesn't seem to work. I have my PC on the Display Port, my Xbox Series X on HDMI 1, and my PS5 on HDMI 2. Every time I turn one of my game consoles on when my computer is running the Source switches to the game console, but when I turn the game console off it never switches the source back to the PC. It's annoying that I have to keep pressing the button on the monitor to change sources because over time the button is going to break.

6 Replies
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

From Samsung:

"Auto Source Switch+

Power on for instant play. With Auto Source Switch+, your monitor detects when connected devices are turned on and instantly switches to the new source signal. This helps you get to your game action faster without flipping through multiple input sources."

According to this the monitor only switches when a new signal is detected, not to an already existing connection like your pc on the dp port.

Personally I would insert a DP switch between the PC and monitor to simulate a new connection and save wear and tear on the monitor switches.  Likewise restarting the PC should suffice also.

Enjoy

SamoingRob
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

But isn't that what the original Auto Source Switch does? What the difference between Auto Source Switch and Auto Source Switch+?

Dark Spark
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a new Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. It is connected to a laptop and a desktop. The laptop connection is over HDMI and the desktop connection is over Display Port. Auto Source Switch+ is enabled. 

When I turn the laptop on, the monitor will switch input to it automatically. However, the monitor doesn't automatically switch to the desktop display port. Is this a software issue?

The monitor is running firmware M-A9549GGPA-1011.0

pgmani
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Having the same problem in my Odyssey G5 which i bought on 08-FEB-23 which was manufactured during January 23. Surprised to see that the latest models are also having this issue, raised a support ticket with Samsung and waiting for the resolution.

0 Likes
yimi329
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have read this questions/issues for a long time, please ANSER MY QUESTION DIRECTLY:

Theoretically, if the current signal is HDMI, if I unplug the HDMI cable or turn off related equipment, HDMI will be displayed in the upper left corner of the display, which means that the display knows that the signal is gone.

QUESTION: For any limitation/reason, the display is not able to try to switch to Display Port at this time?

I don't think it's a hardware limitation.

Stop breaking users' hearts, please!!!

yimi329
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

And, if you are using HDMI, you can try to open the quick switch menu (push the menu button to left), then you will see HDMI option is above DisplayPort and selected. if you unplug the HDMI cable or turn off related equipment, now the monitor is black, then turn on another device  which is using DisplayPort. Open quick switch menu again, you will see now DisplayPort is above of HDMI, but the monitor still choose HDMI.

The monitor has already detected DisplayPort has signal and HDMI doesn't, why not switch signal automatically rather than just resort?