cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOg2SSszkSo
Constellation

Burn in problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my samsung monitor I have burn in problem. Is that covered under warranty?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Burn in problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Based on the Warranty information, it doesn't appear as though this model is covered for Burn-ins. I would reach out to our business support team to confirm this though: 866-726-4249.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Possibly? Can you provide the model of the monitor and a pic of the burn-in?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userOg2SSszkSo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

burn in effect

Looks worse in person. Monitor is Samsung C27F591

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Based on the Warranty information, it doesn't appear as though this model is covered for Burn-ins. I would reach out to our business support team to confirm this though: 866-726-4249.

userOg2SSszkSo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do they have mail? I am not a native english speaker.

That is not the only problem on the monitor, it has some green areas on sides. It looks like a backlight bleeding but it has green color. Here are the pictures of top and left side:

Top of the screen (not the best quality picture but you can see the problem)

Left side of the screen

Also it has color banding problem and blocky artifacts in black.  Here is the example of my color banding problem.

This is my Samsung monitor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WY0yOhvvQQ

and my friend monitor, some 6+ years old cheap TN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nbim_rzSUM

You can see very obvious lines between transition and blocky artifacts in last picture.

What do you think of this, is this covered under warranty?

Uploaded by Lorca V123 on 2018-02-16.
Uploaded by Lorca V123 on 2018-05-24.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I honestly couldn't say 100%, my best recommendation would be to reach out and see what they say. I don't have an exact email address for them, but there is this email form: https://www.samsung.com/us/business/email-form/?CampaignCode=products-computing-monitors-300-series-...

userOg2SSszkSo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, thank you very much. I will send them mailSmiley Happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're very welcome! Let me know if I can help further! Smiley Happy

userOg2SSszkSo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In those warranties information you provided (link above) is a link to monitor F390, mine is F591....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This model just happened to have multiple warranty links available and I clicked the first one without reading too carefully. Upon pulling it up though, they look very similar as far as the terms go: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/warranty/LC27F591FDNXZA