Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userrr12QVXYUT
Constellation

C24F390FHN doesn't play sound from monitor speakers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a C24F390FHN (24" wide-screen curved monitor) which is supposed to be able to play sound when connected to a compatible HDMI device that plays sound. I have the volume on it turned all the way up to 100, as well as the volume on my computer turned all the to 100, and I cannot get any sound to play out of the monitor speakers. I CAN get sound to play when I plug headphones directly into the audio-out port on the back of the monitor, so sound is definitely going through the monitor, but it will not play on the speakers. This means at least I can plug in some separate speakers, but I don't really want to do this since I got this monitor specifically because I wouldn't have to have speakers cluttering up my desk. My video card is an MSI Radeon RX 570 8gb Armor card, and it definitely does audio (hence why I can hear it over the headphones). I've tried every troubleshooting walkthrough out there, my "default" sound device is set as the monitor, the green bar shows that it is playing sound, but still no sound comes out of the speakers!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: C24F390FHN doesn't play sound from monitor speakers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The LC24F390FHNXZA does not have any internal speakers. The HDMI provides an audio pass through to send the sound to the headphone/speaker jack.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The LC24F390FHNXZA does not have any internal speakers. The HDMI provides an audio pass through to send the sound to the headphone/speaker jack.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

king9701ofsamsu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the rx 570 might cause issue as AMD Relive drivers are notoriously known for bugs over the HDMI or displayport cable. However, You should try getting an active speaker too because sometimes passive speakers connected with amplifiers cause issues as well as the preamps arent meant to be connected with PCs. Also if you dont know the diff between active vs passive then read this https://appuals.com/speakers-active-vs-passive/

userf8RRFY23dn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I have samsung  lc27f390fhlxpe curved monitor. I was wondering if this model also does not have internal speakers. I've have exactly the same issue.