cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A dragon
Asteroid

C24FG70 Samsung 24 inch monitor color distortion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Initially my experience with this monitor had been rather seemless. No issues, no glitches, a small flaw in the form of a screen flicked at the top when at desktop but no more.

After a while, I noticed something that has occurred anywhere from just several hours of use to even less than one. The monitor will shut off for half of a second and show distorted colors upon restart. Distorted as in yellowed whites, impure blacks and inaccurate colors. 

This would continue until I turn the thing off for a short time, and judging from the temperature of the panel I am beginning to think I may have a problem with over heating. I looked around, trying to see if any others have experienced this or at least heard of it, with nothing. Is this problem unique to me? Did I manage to pick up a defective monitor with components that cannot handle the temperatures this thing can rise to under use?

Or is this completely unrelated from heating, and the monitor is simply defective?

And input on this may be helpful.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: C24FG70 Samsung 24 inch monitor color distortion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you decide you'd like to send it in for repairs you're welcome to message me here for details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To be honest, it could be either or. I personally would recommend service if testing new connection cords yields no positive results. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

A dragon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doubt it is the cabling. While going through settings in attempt to fix the problem(before I was aware it was possibly overheating), I would notice that the menus are distorted as well. That tells me the problem lies in the monitor itself. In any case, thanks. I was considering the idea of replacing, or sending for repair, and this confirms that. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you decide you'd like to send it in for repairs you're welcome to message me here for details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

A dragon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, and I apologize for not getting back to you very quickly. I just have another question, wasn't there a mass problem like this when these monitors were just released? I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but if I am, is there a place I could find a list of affected serial numbers? I think I may have somehow ended up with an old affected monitor, as I have heard it told that the problems included blue blacks and yellowed colors.

phobiabear
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Which monthly revision is your monitor? Says the manufacture date on the back.