JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

C43J89x computer monitor has a horizontal line

(Topic created: 07-20-2020 09:09 PM)
userc8DUh0eK5h
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My Samsung computer monitor 43" recently has a line going through it. Please tell me there is a fix? I already went around and around when our Samsung TV had a line.  Now this one too? Any help out there? the monitor is less than a year old. I cannot seem to add a screenshot.

0 Likes
20 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your monitor having a line on the screen. If this is occurring on all sources this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes
userc8DUh0eK5h
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Model: C43J89, hope this helps

Model# LC43J890DKNXZA

[edit]

Mike vR

0 Likes
userc8DUh0eK5h
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

20210902_151334.jpg

20210902_151330.jpg

 I have sent these both over. Any thoughts on what is going on?

0 Likes
userc8DUh0eK5h
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Model# LC43J890DKNXZA
Serial# <Hidden>

0 Likes
usertOltRPgdxy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Guys,

Got a pretty annoying situation with my C32H70 (Samsung QLED 32" Gaming Monitor).

Getting really bad horizontal lines that would appear at the bottom and sometimes the whole screen on cold start up.

I took a week long vacation and came back to my monitor (full screen) with very very very bad horizontal lines that made it impossible to see and operate my computer.

As the monitor warms up the lines disappears.  

On the links provided below shows what I am experiencing every now and then.  It is more prevalent when my monitor hasnt started up for a couple days.

I took the display port cable out to see if the problem persist and the horizontal lines stayed when the display port was pulled out.

Is there any kind of help that Samsung would provide? I hear this a issue with QLED gaming monitors are experiencing and Samsund is not does not have a remedy for it.

Customer Review 1 

Customer Review 2 

usertOltRPgdxy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I was hoping that Samsung or anyone with a similar issue has this problem resovled.  @samsung978531 please help.

userTJIafZzSsA
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, 

Unfortunately it seems to be a trait of these monitors! I have had 2 of this very model and both developed the same issue! 

First one was in warranty and replaced, 2nd one just out of warranty and now in my garage!

Exactly as you described, after a day or two of no use, I'd get horizontal lines that would go after a period of time. 

For a monitor of that price you would hope it wouldn't develop something like that for a long time. 

It'll be the last samsung monitor I ever get and everything in my house is Samsung!

Sorry I could not provide anything but sympathy!

usertOltRPgdxy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi userTJlafZzSsA

Thanks for your response.  Since I posted back in June it is pretty sad that @samsung978531 @SamsungUS has pretty bad customer service and bad quality monitiors (this model only).  

The unfortuneate this is as monitor warms up, the horizontal lines go away.  Pretty annoying if my monitor has not been turned on for a couple days that the monitor rendered useless until it warms up.  

Prem
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have similar issue and it's getting worse day by day. DId you find a solution? 
My monitor is still under warranty but it's a pain dealing with customer care.

I have already replaced the monitor once becuase I received it with dead pixels and after a year or so this issue popped up.