cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user788h2npyM2
Constellation

C32HG70 wont turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've recently purchased a C32HG70 monitor but it won't power on, or at least stay powered on.

The first day I got it it seemed to work fine, took it out of the box, plugged it in and had it running fine for at least a few hours.

Day two, the computer has been turned off overnight and the monitor is in standby (blinking blue led on the front) so I hit the power button on the PC and the monitor immediatly appears dead. The blue led stopped blinking and no picture was ever displayed, try pressing all the buttons, unplugging and plugging in the power and DP cables results with nothing, no on-screen display no standby led, it's just dead.

Continue messing for 20mins and suddenly the power is restored, for a few seconds, then it goes dead again.

Repeate this process a couple more times and eventually it stays powered on, I'm able to use the monitor for several hours without issue.

Day three (today), computer has been turned off overnight, standby blue led on the monitor is blinking, press power button on the PC and the monitor immediatly dies again without ever displaying a picture.

Repeatly plugging and unplugging and switching cables I again managed to get a picture for a few seconds but haven't been able to get it to stay on

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user788h2npyM2
Constellation

Re: C32HG70 wont turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone else who's interested, I ended up taking the monitor into a service centre to have a tech look at it and they replaced the power supply which resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

user788h2npyM2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone else who's interested, I ended up taking the monitor into a service centre to have a tech look at it and they replaced the power supply which resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

userKGS0LALOT6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so glad that I found this topic in official Samsung forums. Because I have the same problem with my c27hg70 model. It dies and gives no response to any of my commands. I'll let the people know about this from RMA crew. Maybe they can get a replacement power supply and try on the home while they're here.

Thank you for sharing the solution!