Original topic:

C43J89 Samsung ultra-wide monitor USB C no video signal/power save mode

(Topic created on: 1/7/21 9:27 AM)
user97IFaHYGhg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi everyone !

I have a C43J89 Samsung ultrawide monitor. I bought the monitor especially for the KVM switch and the USB C connexion because I need to switch between my work laptop and my personal laptop. Everything was working perfectly until today when the USB C connection stopped transmitting video, kvm and power are ok. I tried the following:

• uninstalling all Intel and thunderbolt drivers and reinstalling them

• resetting the monitor multiple times

• changed the power settings to remove all the restrictions on usb c port power consumption

I noticed also the following:

• When I connect the monitor I see a very small flick in the resolution settings in windows as if it changed and reseted very quickly

• After a few seconds the monitor starts blinking (doesn't display the "no signal detected"). I checked the manual and the blinking means that the monitor is in power saving mode. I tried all the solutions I found online related to waking up a monitor in power saving mode.

• The usb c cable is fine, I tested it with an iPad, a samsung smartphone and another computer (it's the cable provided by samsung with the monitor)

• The computer can output a video signal through HDMI and until today through the USB C port .

Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook U747 (no problems before i.r.t. Display)

I found a few other people online having the same problems but no working solution. Any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks a lot !!

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am sorry to hear about this. I have several questions to ask. 

Have you restarted the PC?

Have you tried a different USB-C cable?

Does a different device show a display when connected to the USB-C port?

Have you tried connecting to a different USB-C port on the monitor?

Does the laptop output to a different monitor via the USB-C port?

Have there been any recent updates to the PC?

Is the monitor software updated to the latest version?

If all of these options have been tried, please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user97IFaHYGhg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

Have you restarted the PC? //yes

Have you tried a different USB-C cable? //yes 

Does a different device show a display when connected to the USB-C port? //yes

Have you tried connecting to a different USB-C port on the monitor? /yes but it has not enough power for a pc only a smartphone(15w)

Does the laptop output to a different monitor via the USB-C port? //I don't have another usb c monitor

Have there been any recent updates to the PC? //no 

Is the monitor software updated to the latest version? //yes

0 Likes