Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 02-10-2020 04:51 PM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

93 Replies
LagunaJim
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The 1019.0 firmware seems to have resolved my "resume from sleep" issue!!

I would mark "Sekko"'s post as the answer except he referred to the firmware as 109.0 - a typo I'm sure.

I only use the USB to power other devices so don't know of any issue with it.

Thanks/jim

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's been 3 weeks and the monitor is working well, no glitch.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Fantastic!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Please keep us posted on the screen after the update.  

0 Likes
user8sO1N0xnuO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I bought my monitor on 3rd june 2019, and for some months i had no issues, but this exact thing has been happening to my monitor for a while already, becoming more and more frequent each time. It usually happens after several days withouth turning on my monitor, but as I say, its happening more often and lasting longer every time it happens.

I'm using the latest firmware available since I received my monitor, so that solution is clearly not working for me.

Any help? Thanks.monitor.jpg

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@user8sO1N0xnuO 

That's odd, the issue should have been solved after applying the latest firmware. Are you completely positive that it is upgraded to the latest version (1019)? You should be able to verify which version it's currently installed by navigating to the on-screen Information menu.

0 Likes
user8sO1N0xnuO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It happened again this morning, it took 7 minutos to go back to normal. And yeah, as you can see I'm on latest firmware.

monitor2.jpgmonitor3.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Lidércfajzat
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, I have the same problem, and the warranty not expired, I bought it in mid-February 2019 from MediaMarkt, so I have 24 months warranty 😛 I tried 1019 firmware too but it didn't help. I use 1.4 DisplayPort cable. What can I do? Warranty replacement or repair only?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXzeMdwn8&feature=youtu.be

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700XCPU Cooler: Deepcool Gamer Storm Fryzen 120Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VII HeroRAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200MHz CL14 (2x16GB)GPU...
0 Likes