I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.
I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.
I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.
I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.
My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.
Solved! Go to Solution.
On my unit that shipped to me from the UK, firmware 1019.0 did in fact solve the issue though it seemed to have only fixed it for a few days at best, or it was just total coincidence that it didn't occur for those days.
Either way, 1021.0 JUST released 3-4 days ago and I just updated to it, hopefully that helps further.
Use these steps to change the monitors refresh rate. Fixed the problem for me.
(SELECT means push [IN] on the button)
- Push SELECT (opens 4 directional mini menu)
- Push AWAY from you (highlights Main Menu on the 4 directional mini menu)
- Push SELECT (Selects Main menu option)
- Push RIGHT (moves "cursor" from Game category to the right - submenu side)
- Push TOWARD you (moves cursor down one space on submenu side)
- Push SELECT (Selects the refresh rate)
- Push AWAY from you (This will change the refresh rate - Moves cursor up 1 space)
- Push SELECT (Selects new refresh rate)
At this point the monitor will change it's refresh rate based on your selection (screen might flicker)
You may repeat these steps to select between the 4 choices of refresh rates:
I tried the new firmware yesterday and it did not fix the issue. This worked for me so I thought I would share it since the hardest part is knowing how to navigate a menu that you can't actually see when the screen is glitched.