Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 11-15-2020 07:35 PM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

93 Replies
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@user8sO1N0xnuO 

I'm afraid that the issue that you are experiencing could be a hardware failure as evidenced by the horizontal stripe seen above the coloured pattern. If you go back to the previous posts, should'll notice that the power-up glitch would consist of a set of vertical patterns spanning the entire screen instead. Also, when it happened, it would go back to normal by either unplugging/plugging the monitor or long-pressing the power button. I'd suggest to contact the Samsung member privately with your serial/model information or initiate a warranty claim.

0 Likes
userqX4iCc6rFf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

same here 😞816qeIhpwvL._SY88.jpgexternalFile (1).jpg

0 Likes
Lidércfajzat
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It helped me with a full display replacement, yet the monitor was under warranty. 👍🏻

0 Likes
Samsung_pqIEb6Q
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

⁴h

0 Likes
userEgjgYsJ2dY
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Anyone having an issue with their monitor displaying half black half white screen? This is my second monitor and the second to have issues. 

It started out happening verry rarely and I hoped it wouldn't kill the monitor but today it wouldn't come back on at all. 

It is rediculous that these monitors have these sort of issues so frequently. 

IMG_0870.jpg

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

@userEgjgYsJ2dY    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlV22I9HGuE
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

i will let you guys know if this works form me im tired of playing with this erroe i find it more when im using two PCs on my Display Port as my HDMI always seems Fine i just did the 1019 update i been having this issue for a while and the first time i got the problem i wondered how the screen was broke as it wasnt touched to find not problems and it turned back on about 10 minutes later it worked.

PS i get this every morning

0 Likes
userIrvNY5RkBU
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the exact same issue. I also have this splitted Monitor. I just got the monitor and was so far able to get a normal picture for 2 or 3 sessions. I've tested it with 2 different systems. Did you find a solution, yet?

Kind regards

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried using a different cable like DP cable or a different HDMI cable? ANd also have you tried power cycling the monitor by unplugging it and plugging it back in, If this still occurs after the following I would recommend getting an exchange since you just purchased the monitor. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, the solution was released about a year ago and it involves updating the monitor firmware to version 1019.0

Click here for more information.

Edit: if you are referring to the split-screen glitch someone mentioned recently, that appears to be a different issue altogether. I would still suggest the firmware, but there is no guarantee it will fix the problem. I would also recommend to start a new thread to avoid confusion between the two issues.

0 Likes