Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 01-06-2019 09:00 AM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sekko
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

Since yesterday there ist a new firmware version (1090.0) available. My experience after 1 hour and 50 tries to switch the display off/on. There is no glitch (at the moment) anymore! 🙂

I hope this is the final solution for the power-up glitch. I am looking forward to your feedback!

Regards

View solution in context

93 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does this ever occur when the monitor is plugged directly to an outlet?

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just plugged it to an outlet, now I'm waiting for the issue to happen again. It usually happen once per week.

dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Update: the issue has been fixed with a firmware upgrade, see details here.

@usertwgLDE7Itl wrote:

I just plugged it to an outlet, now I'm waiting for the issue to happen again. It usually happen once per week.

Does the screen look like this when that happens?

usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Indeed! But with more blue.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Update: check firmware upgrade fix here

@usertwgLDE7Itl wrote:

Indeed! But with more blue.

Ok, then maybe like this:

usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes that blue but it cover the whole screen on mine, no white.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Update: firmware fix discussed here

@usertwgLDE7Itl, out of curiosity, when did you purchase the monitor and what is its manufacturing date (it's printed on a tag located at the back, below the ports). For future reference, mine was purchased in Canada from Amazon.ca on November 23rd, 2018 and the manufacturing date is October 2018. The firmware is up to date (m-HG949CCAA-1017.1).

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I have been able to reproduce this issue even when there is no video cable plugged in, so I know this is not a video card, video cable or driver issue. Granted, it's not something that occurs very frequently, but when it does, it's very inconvenient and I'm worried about the long-term reliability of the monitor.

One reviewer on Amazon.com also reported this on both his original and the replacement monitor he received (link here) and another one in Canada reported the same problem (link here), so with yours, this would be the fifth documented case. It's worth mentioning that both reviewers also purchased their monitors very recently.

@SamsungLarryK, can you please step in and investigate if this a widespread problem and if this is something that can be fixed via a firmware update?

usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I don't have any manufacturing date on the tag but I bought it the 19 december 2018 in France from Boulanger. My last glitch was sunday and still didn't occur again yet.

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Regretfully if all troubleshooting has been tried then repairs are recommended. If the unit was not purchased in the US then you will need to reach out to the support team in your area, you can do so here

If the unit was purchased within the US, you can message us privately with the full model code and serial number and we would be happy to look into this further. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.