Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 01-13-2019 05:36 AM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

93 Replies
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Update: fix here

@SamsungSteph

I appreciate your suggestion but considering that the exact same issue has affected five different units (including one replacement) across three countries (USA, Canada and France) and that all were purchased within the last two months, wouldn't this warrant escalating these reports to a global support team to raise awareness about what is possibly a manufacturing defect affecting all units from a recent production batch and hopefully determine if this is fixable via firmware update?

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok, I plugged it to an outlet but the issue still happen.

We are especially worried about the long term durability, if someone could reassure us.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@usertwgLDE7Itl

If I may ask, where did you purchase the monitor? Do they have a flexible refund/exchange policy? If so, are you still within the return period?

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I bought it on order in an electronic shop. I'm still in the return period but the monitor has a 2 years warranty.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@usertwgLDE7Itl

I'm also within the return period, but here in Canada the warranty is just 1 year.

I really like this monitor but at the same time, I'm very concerned about its reliability. Unfortunately, Amazon.ca no longer carries it so I'm not sure if an exchange will be possible so I'm leaning towards returning it for a refund.

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

The problem is the unknown source of the issue that seems to be widespread. Maybe the monitor can work 100 years like this or not. I hope samsung will investigate this.

0 Likes
SamsungSteph
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

@dcasa Unfortunately there is not a Global Support team in the same way that you see support teams for each individual country. Samsung as a whole is indeed a global company, but each Country is it's own entity and handles it's own cases. Samsung US only handles US devices, Samsung UK only handles UK devices and so-on. The mods here are based for US support, so we are happy to help with US devices. If the device was purchased outside of the US though, you will have to reach out to the support team in your area for assistance. I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@SamsungSteph

Ok, I understand, thanks for clarifying.

0 Likes
userVLVET502bN
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi

I am from France and i have exactly the same problem

I have bought this unit the 10 december 2018 at Boulanger Store

Here my post on France samsung community with picture of problem

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Autres/Ecran-C49HG90-PC-image-hachur%C3%A9e-lors-de-l-allumage-d...

0 Likes
useruMfHze6DSH
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problem here in the UK, guess it's going back and I'll wait for the new 1440p model

0 Likes