Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 04-08-2019 09:03 AM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

93 Replies
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm stuck at 0%, I wonder if this is normal.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@usertwgLDE7Itl

Do you mean it's stuck at 0% when attempting to upgrade the firmware?

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Indeed, it recognize  the usb disk, the firmware update 1017 to 1019 but then stuck to 0% for a long time, so I turned off the monitor and it goes back to 1017. How much time it takes to update? with a 3Mo file I think it should not be long.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

That's odd, while it took some minutes on mine, it never got stuck at 0%.

Make sure you extract the m-HG949CCAA-1019.0[0852].bin file to the root folder of a properly formatted USB drive (FAT, FAT32 or NTFS) and that there are no other files or folders in it. The USB drive should be inserted into the USB1 port of the monitor. If that doesn't work, try with a different USB drive as well.

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just copied the .bin file the usb drive, maybe that's wrong, do I need to burn it in the usb drive with a cd burning software?

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just copying the file should be enough, no need to use other software. I would try using a different USB drive or maybe reformatting the existing one. 

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok I reformated the usb drive and it worked.

Well thanks for mentioning me and getting me know about the update, I had stopped searching about this problem and now it seems it's solved!

dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Glad to know you got it working and yes, the issue seems to be fixed now, it's been almost a week since I applied the upgrade and no problems so far (fingers crossed). If possible, report back in a week to confirm your experience and check if you can mark Sekko's post as the solution instead of the currently selected post from Samsung (the one suggesting to reach out to the local support team).

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok it's done.

dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Perfect, thanks!