Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 04-12-2019 07:57 AM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

93 Replies
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks for the heads-up @Sekko 

It's been 5 days since I upgraded my unit and the issue seems to be gone as well, just note that the actual firmware version is 1019.0 (released on March 25, 2019). For those in Canada, follow this link to get the upgrade file "Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1019.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE)", there are also upgrade instructions available if you are not familiar with the procedure (look for "Upgrade guide").

Regards.

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's been over a week since the firmware upgrade and I'm happy to report that no glitches have occurred since then.

@userVLVET502bN , @useruMfHze6DSH , @userD4X9z2c6qK , @userd5TUrtqDr7 , @Fogey , @usery5jB40QzsW , @userFElo8Yva2O , @userdIXLwRevHJ , @Eclipse97z , if you still have this monitor, try upgrading to the latest firmware (see details here) and let us know if that fixed the issue.

Eclipse97z
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Thank you @dcasa!!! I was wondering/hoping that it may be something very simple as an update. I'll give it a shot now, give it some time to get adjusted to it, then report.
Learn to rest, not to quit!
0 Likes
Eclipse97z
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have performed the install of the update. What i have noticed thus far, my USB Hub on the montior is not working now. 🤔

Learn to rest, not to quit!
0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey @Eclipse97z 

Sorry to hear that, I don't use the USB hub on mine, so I cannot tell if it has stopped working after the upgrade. Did it fix the glitch, though?

0 Likes
Nonemu21
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, i have the same problem, where can i download this update?

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@Nonemu21 

You can find the firmware update here.

0 Likes
userJMxd6nf6Qv
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can confirm that the update fixed nothing for me.  

In the middle of a conference call while screen sharing - boom, monitor randomly shuts off after working fine for 3 hours.  

I returned to the store today for full refund.  What an unreliable piece of crud!  

0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey @usertwgLDE7Itl 

If you are still following this thread, please check Sekko's post here and mark it as 'Accept as Solution' so it's easier for others to find the new fix.

0 Likes
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks I'll check that!

0 Likes