Original topic:

C49hg90dm power-up glitch

(Topic created: 01-06-2019 09:00 AM)
usertwgLDE7Itl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I've a weird bug with my C49hg90dm. Sometimes when I turn on the monitor I've a glitched black screen followed by a strange cyan-blue screen stranded by lines.

I noticed that the monitor's menu still work in this state but doesn't appear because I can still turn off the monitor normally by pressing the main button, go down and pressing it again. Then when I turn on the monitor again everything works normally. It also work fine if the source change I think because the glitch desappear if I reboot the computer.

I don't know if this issue appear randomly or after a fixed number of power-up. I've also noticed that the image seems slightly different when the monitor is about to glitch on the next power-up.

I don't know if my description is clear ? It's not really annoying but I just hope that doesn't damage the monitor over time.

My monitor is plugged on a surge protector Eaton ellipse eco 650 and with a displayport.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
93 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

@userZFL8Ip8kcL Have you tried using a different input or replacement cables? Does this occur with HDMI as well as DisplayPort?

Sekko
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

@SamsungGill 

In my case it only happens for Mini-DisplayPort and DisplayPort connections. I've tried 2 different computers. Then I tried another DisplayPort cable (Pin 20 disabled), not the included one. Nothing changes. My Panel version is FD04.

DisplayPort = Glitch

HDMI = Works so far

Regads

SamsungSteph
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

If this is the case Sekko, then honestly repairs would be recommended. It's possible there is a defect in the DisplayPort causing this to happen. Mind shooting us a private message with the serial number here: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
LagunaJim
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
I just unboxed and set up a brand new c49hg90dm today. It came with firmware 1017 installed from the factory. On wake from sleep it displays the same issue described by others, the lines and blotches of lines on the screen -- requires a hard reset by removing and connecting the power cord. That has happened twice just the first day of ownership (today). I updated to the latest firmware just now (v 1019) - hopefully it will help. But I'm concerned because many firmwares ago others were seeing this problem and resolving it. Samsung: what do you think? The manufacturer date is January 2019
0 Likes
dcasa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi @LagunaJim 

Mine was purchased on November 2018 (manufacturing date October 2018) and it also came with firmware 1017.0, the issue persisted for months until I upgraded it to 1019.0 two weeks ago. Not sure what you mean with the other firmware fixes, maybe you are referring to a different issue that is being discussed in another thread that is also related to waking up from sleep but that renders the monitor completely unresponsive, I have never experienced that problem so I don't know if this firmware upgrade solves it.

0 Likes
userR2PhieoNfy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here in Italy

glitches from displayport , ok from hdmi

the monitor has 35 days now, ion the first weeks the menu still worked and I menaged to turn off and turn on to solve the problem but now it doesn't work and I must plugged off everytime.

0 Likes
Solution
Sekko
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

Since yesterday there ist a new firmware version (1090.0) available. My experience after 1 hour and 50 tries to switch the display off/on. There is no glitch (at the moment) anymore! 🙂

I hope this is the final solution for the power-up glitch. I am looking forward to your feedback!

Regards

View solution in context

userR2PhieoNfy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

this is a great news, thanks Sekko. I'll try it todya.... fingers crossed!!

0 Likes
userR2PhieoNfy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

after thousands of on/off I can confirm this new  firmware solved the problem (finally). no  glitch!!

I'm happy for this, thanks Samsung

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes