Original topic:

CHG090 cant update because my screen has lines all through it

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 09:32 PM)
userOdJPngEhTN
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

So all a sudden my 49 inch Samsung Monitor starts having tons of lines and a section that keeps moving back and forth on the screen . I came back to it and lines were just there.  I've tried all the other fixes IE turn on and turn off.....and no matter what I try all i see is lines .  So this makes a terrible dilemma because since i cant see any menus i cant do the firmware update that everyone has talked about.  Please advise on how to fix this .  The number on mine is BN96-44169A BMIJ 2018.12.17 A 0776.  I've been without my monitor for three days trying to figure it out 😞

5 Replies
CoolmanNikolai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
Download update onto USB drive insert into monitor power on hopefully it will catch it.
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I understand this is frustrating for you. Are the lines on the monitor stationary or jumping?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOdJPngEhTN
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Jumping from left to right
0 Likes
userOdJPngEhTN
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
I bought a new main board and tcon board , going to try those when they come in
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

The lines jumping would generally indicate a loose connection somewhere. Please let us know if we can provide additional assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes