Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
T4rQu1N
Asteroid

CHG70 32 Not turning back on from sleep

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar to others, my brand new monitor won't turn back on after my PC is shut down, until I unplug and then replug in from the mains. Really dissappointed, as otherwise the monitor is perfect. Blue light is on, then after a few seconds of the pc being powered up, the light disappears. The jog button at the back does absolutely nothing, either pressing or holding.

Come on Samsung, this isn't hard to fix...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
T4rQu1N
Asteroid

Re: CHG70 32 Not turning back on from sleep..ffs.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Upon closer inspection, I believe it to have something to do with the system menu which has an off timer (System--->Off timer) set to 4 hours. I have turned this option off to see if it makes a difference, but I can't imagine why the option exists if it stops the monitor powering back on at all...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
T4rQu1N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Upon closer inspection, I believe it to have something to do with the system menu which has an off timer (System--->Off timer) set to 4 hours. I have turned this option off to see if it makes a difference, but I can't imagine why the option exists if it stops the monitor powering back on at all...

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with other computers? How is it connected? Are the graphics drivers and Windows up to date?

userJ3VmtwfrVz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine isnt turning on at all. It was working literally 2 days ago. Now it doesnt turn on anymore. Blue light is completely off and its basically dead at this point. What's going on. Unplugging and replugging doesnt work now. What gives?? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@T4rQu1N Please let us know if turning that function off solves the issue. 

T4rQu1N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, turning off that function in the menu seems to have done the trick. Now I can shut down my PC and the screen turns itself off as normal, and restarts when I reboot. I can also manually turn it off via the toggle jog stick at the back, and turn it back on again by depressing it. 

No idea what that option in the firmware does, but it is a bit useless! Hope this helps some people!

Re: the other questions above, I don't have another computer to test it on, it's using the display port, and all my windows drivers are up to date!

userZLoLadvJxK
Constellation

Re: CHG70 32 Not turning back on from sleep

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happened to me. I switched off for a couple of minutes and plugged it directly into the mains instead of through an extension. Not sure which of the two actions actually did the trick.