JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

CHG70 32 Not turning back on from sleep

(Topic created: 01-08-2019 10:02 AM)
T4rQu1N
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Similar to others, my brand new monitor won't turn back on after my PC is shut down, until I unplug and then replug in from the mains. Really dissappointed, as otherwise the monitor is perfect. Blue light is on, then after a few seconds of the pc being powered up, the light disappears. The jog button at the back does absolutely nothing, either pressing or holding.

Come on Samsung, this isn't hard to fix...

9 Replies
Solution
T4rQu1N
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Upon closer inspection, I believe it to have something to do with the system menu which has an off timer (System--->Off timer) set to 4 hours. I have turned this option off to see if it makes a difference, but I can't imagine why the option exists if it stops the monitor powering back on at all...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

Does this occur with other computers? How is it connected? Are the graphics drivers and Windows up to date?

0 Likes
userJ3VmtwfrVz
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mine isnt turning on at all. It was working literally 2 days ago. Now it doesnt turn on anymore. Blue light is completely off and its basically dead at this point. What's going on. Unplugging and replugging doesnt work now. What gives?? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

@T4rQu1N Please let us know if turning that function off solves the issue. 

0 Likes
T4rQu1N
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes, turning off that function in the menu seems to have done the trick. Now I can shut down my PC and the screen turns itself off as normal, and restarts when I reboot. I can also manually turn it off via the toggle jog stick at the back, and turn it back on again by depressing it. 

No idea what that option in the firmware does, but it is a bit useless! Hope this helps some people!

Re: the other questions above, I don't have another computer to test it on, it's using the display port, and all my windows drivers are up to date!

userZLoLadvJxK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It happened to me. I switched off for a couple of minutes and plugged it directly into the mains instead of through an extension. Not sure which of the two actions actually did the trick.

0 Likes
userfnR0UfDmlQ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have exactly the same problem.

The Off timer doesn't work. By me it was always off.

Somebody ?

0 Likes
Dalyxia
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Typing this, have this same problem, but my monitor is a LC27HG70, worked for a few weeks, then suddenly does not turn on when pc powers on, manually clicking the menu button on the back or replugging the power socket brings the monitor back to life.

Also, shutting down the pc, waiting 5-10 minutes then powering back on has no issues, monitor will power on nicely, problem happens when pc and monitor are off for the night, so might be caused by said 4 hour sleep fucntion, i have set it to off and will report tomorrow if my monitor now turns on normally with pc powering on

Edit: 2 days have passed, monitor still does not automatically turn on, but instead when i press the menu button, the backlight starts flickering, have to switch off and on on the power brick to make the monitor functional again

0 Likes
Atsil
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This post is old, but it helped me figured out what was happening with my monitor and i would like to share it. 

With my new monitor samsumg G97T ultrawide and i was having 3 issues. 

* First the monitor doing some popping sounds randomly. 

* Second the monitor not waking up after sleep. 

* Third my Logitech speakers are concected to the audio jack in the monitor, so when i change the vidoe imput source the audio change as well and i was hearing some weird sounds when nothing was playing. 

Solved :

The issue with the speakers and the popping sound coming from inside the monitor it had to do with static im sure, so i removed the surged protector and connected the monitor directly to the wall outlet i think this did the trick, along with disconnecting the data and power cable and pressing the power button for 10secs, i think this do some kind of hard reset to the hardware like emptying the capacitors. 

Last issue was the not waking up, this was really anoying, cause i had to unplug and plu the data everytime my computer was comming out of sleep, in this case, i think everything i did helped but also a factory reset to the monitor. i think in my case the issue was a bright setting, becasue i put back all the settings i had except dymamic bright and is working perfectly. 

Hope this helps if not for the old posts, for the new ones looking for information. 

0 Likes