Original topic:

CHG70 32" Firmware Woes & HDR?

(Topic created: 07-26-2021 09:57 PM)
userLNbdQcoNct
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

To whom it may concern,

I am attempting to update the firmware on my CHG70 32" monitor. At the current time, it flat out refuses. I sparked up multiple conversations with Samsung chat "support" but, they either bounced me around or, simply had no idea the process or, merits behind doing an upgrade.

Using the links they provided and following the instructions to the letter, it fails to recognize the firmware file from the USB.

I have tried the following:

Multiple USBs

Multiple different formats (FAT32 / NTFS)

Multiple USB ports (though I'm fairly certain I'm using the correct one as it's furthest from the screen)

This is the link they provided:

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/202104/20210429185528291/m-HG727CCAA-1025.0.zip

I indeed changed the "27" in the firmware name to "32" per the instructions. No success.

This is the current firmware it has installed - m-HG732CCAA-1021.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had good success with HDR on this monitor? How can I extract the full EDID? Specifically block 6. It has been reported that Samsung has failed to include the HDR luminance range, which would explain my monitors behavior when trying HDR out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
19 Replies
userLNbdQcoNct
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I beg your pardon but, you cited the link...I posted?

I need the direct link / URL.

I cannot find the file you've specified.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

This may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0020370&modelCode=LC32HG70QQNXZA-R

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

The filename on the site is m-HG727CCAA-1025.0. Once it has been unzipped, it will be m-HG732CCAA-1025.0[6E80].bin.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLNbdQcoNct
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Again, you'll need to post the direct link to the download you're speaking of...from what I can tell, it simply does not exist.

I followed the link you posted. I selected "Gaming Monitor" then CHG70.

Under firmware, I downloaded "m-HG727CCAA-1025.0.zip".

Much to my dismay, when extracted was the following, "m-HG727CCAA-1025.0[43E2].bin".

So, just looking at the face value of the firmware filename, it is indeed 1025 but, the checksum doesn't match and, it shows to be for a 27".

Please, clarify.

0 Likes
userrKNS1thRUk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I too am looking for this firmware version.  I posted a request a few days ago for "anything" like this.  I DO NOT recommend trying the 27" firmware on a 32".  It stretches the screen in Windows and must have incorrect geometry.  I was unable to open any application and actually see it on the screen after trying this.  Your link ends with the following message "Unfortunately, this information isn't currently available for this product".  We need a direct link.  I will reluctantly accept a private message with firmware link as well.  Thanks.

0 Likes
userQxJ5vQwcOo
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm trying to do the same thing, any luck?  I have the exact 32" model referenced and want to make sure if this worked before attempting the update.  My monitor is currently on firmware version m-hg732ccaa-1024.0

0 Likes
userewIS3e8fE0
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi brother, the m-hg7032ccaa-1024.0 is the latest firmware for 32 inch monitor.
1025 is latest for 27 inch
where did you find 1024 for 32 inch? i am also looking for it and cant find it any where can you guide me?
i am currently at 1022 

0 Likes
userPRQpW9wptB
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problem as well.

0 Likes
userqCiPjC4Kl0
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's a few months after this issue was reported and still, wrong firmware for the 32" version.
Samsung - Shame on you! please contact me and provide the valid firmware.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

The following link will provide version 1025.0.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0052187

0 Likes