cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

CHG70 Displayport now working but HDMI is working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have two CHG70 monitors, initially the displayport was working on both the monitors but now its not working at all on both monitors, but HDMI is working fine. I purchased new cables, still it didn't work. I updated the firmware to the latest, still no use.  I changed the eco saving plus set to off, still didnt work. I am using the Dell docking station k16a, that has a Displayport, USB C and HDMI. Both the monitor uses auto detect of HDMI/Displayport. Monitor 1,  I pluged in both HDMI cable and Displayport cable respectively. Monitor 2 HDMI cable is pluged in  and both connected to the dock (monitor 1 was displaying using HDMI instead of Displayport),but the monitor 2 didnt work, once I removed the displayport cable from monitor 1, monitor 2 started working. Please advise what is the issue and how to make the displayport to work on both monitors? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: CHG70 Displayport now working but HDMI is working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In this case, I would recommend contacting Dell regarding service. It may be that the DisplayPort signal is not being sent from the docking station.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like a limitation of the docking station. Do you have another Displayport device that you can try connecting to the monitors?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately I don't have any device with DisplayPort to check as you have suggested. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify, are you using both DisplayPort and HDMI on a single monitor or are you using one for each monitor?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HDMI on Monitor 1 and DisplayPort on Monitor 2, since it's not working  on monitor 2 (DisplayPort didn't work on Monitor 1 too) both monitors now have HDMI, one on each and both are working using HDMI. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In this case, I would recommend contacting Dell regarding service. It may be that the DisplayPort signal is not being sent from the docking station.

View solution in original post