Original topic:

CHG90 Have to unplug/re-plug PCs after monitor sleep

(Topic created on: 11/20/20 8:29 AM)
userphNWUel9D9
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I just purchased the CHG90 (49"). I have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home and Enterprise) plugged in, one via HDMI and one via mini DP to DP. Anytime I restart or startup either PC and the monitor is waking from sleep (which it does) it then cycles through each input a couple times then sleeps again. It is like there are no inputs detected. I have to unplug then re-plug in the cable to get the monitor to recognize the signal again. I had it freeze once after shutting down the DP PC, causing a need for a power cycle.

The PCs recognize the monitor upon startup / waking because I can see it in the settings, its like the monitor doesn't recognize the input.

To make things more interesting, I have an Apple TV plugged into the other HDMI and this doesn't happen when that is turned on - the monitor recognizes it (though it doesn't wake the monitor from sleep automatically, I have to wake it up and tell it to cycle through the inputs).

Things I have tried:

• Different HDMI cable, different mini DP to DP cable
  • Installed latest driver from Samsung for the PCs
  • CHG90 is on latest firmware from Samsung (1021.0 as of this post, released Sept 2020)
  • Switching HDMI input ports (HDMI1 and HDMI2) between the PC and Apple TV
  • Reset CHG90 to factory settings
  • Unplug CHG90 for 5 minutes, plug back in

Is there an issue with Windows 10 and the CHG90? I'm not sure what else to try before I call it quits. I will not spend $900 on a monitor and have to unplug/re-plug the cables everytime I use it. Anything else I should try before I take this back to the retailer?

Thanks for any feedback.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you do not have the one connected via mini DP to DP, does this still occur?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useru5jtQ4S15J
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

My CHG90 monitor that I bought just yesterday is doing exact same thing.

0 Likes