Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: CJ79 USB Hub Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What all troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far, also you can get the download from here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/thunderbolt-3-ultra-wide-screen-j791

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That link only has the driver.  There is no FIRMWARE update.  Where is the link to the firmware update?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried any other mouse to the monitor? Also, is the drivers installed on the computer for the mouse? And does the mouse work when connected directly to the laptop? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Caleb,

I restarted my computer and the mouse began to work.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, we just bought 2 monitors and USB hubs on both monitors are not working. I have installed the updated driver as per the link posted and restarted both computers. The mice and keyboards still don't work on those USB ports. It seems to work as a charging device for my phone and that's about it. Did you just have to update the driver with the C34J79xWT file and rebooted your computer for it to work?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi sorry for the late reply.

Yes after I installed the CJ79_C34J79xWT drivers and restarted everything worked fine on my Lenovo.

FWIW I just plugged the USB-C cable into my wife's 2015 macbook for the first time (just one USB-C port). Both my wireless keyboard and mouse (they share the same BT dongle inserted on the monitor) worked with no problems even at the login screen

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's great to hear! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same exact problem.  Can't get the USB hub to work on the monitor with Windows-10.  I've tried different USB-C cables, no difference.  Putting another USB hub directly on the computer works, so I know the issue is with the monitor.  I installed the monitor drivers too.  Is there a firmware update for this monitor?  Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all the troubleshooting from this thread has failed, I recommend getting the monitor serviced. You can do this by sending your full model code and serial number via private message or calling 1-800-SAMSUNG directly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really?  It seems odd to think this would be a hardware problem with the monitor.  Any reason to suspect hardware over software?  Getting the monitor services is a huge big deal...  Would only want to do that if there really was no chance it's a software issue.