JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

CJ79 USB Hub Not Working

(Topic created: 03-18-2021 06:35 PM)
useruwJoH5jQYb
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just got the CJ79 34" Monitor. I connected the given Thunderbolt 3 cable from the monitor to my Laptop's USB-C port and the video display shows up fine. However, when I connect peripherals like a wireless mouse to the Monitor's USB-A ports, the monitor does not act as a USB hub as advertised, even though the 'USB Hub' mode is on

36 Replies
userJE6ZyotvFi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

Thanks for your solution to switch from one computer to another, but my issue is not to switch.

I just can't have the hub detected on my Lenovo laptop. I'm connected on the thunderbolt port with the cable provided with the monitor and connected to the 85W port. The screen is correctly detected and I can see my Windows desktop on the external display, but the USB hub doesn't work.

On my macbook pro, everything works perfectly.

0 Likes
userJE6ZyotvFi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Apparently on my side it was the cable provided with the screen. I changed the cable and it works.

0 Likes
userTWv2ZQf1op
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having the same issue with a window 10 PC. Is there no fix for this? Do I just have to return the monitor? I would appreciate it if Samsung acknowledge the issue at least.

0 Likes
uservFJUyIh6ZJ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I was digging around for a solution to this.

For me, I had a ChromeOS device (no issues), a MacBook Pro (no issues), and a Windows laptop (thunderbolt port carried the video and sound signals okay, but the USB hub didn't work.

Turns out you need to authorize the monitor before you can use it!

Follow this guide https://www.lacie.com/as/en/support/kb/important-using-thunderbolt-3-on-windows-007783en/ (funny that I'm having to quote a Lacie support page) and you'll be able to authorize your monitor and then get the USB hub working!

usermhGWne6782
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you very much.  This solved my problem.

Greg

0 Likes
userorYpZRg0Ks
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Absolute lifesaver! Those of us who haven't used Thunderbolt connections before were probably all going crazy not knowing about a simple right-click in the Taskbar.

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hope this helps, but in my lenovo t590, it has 2 usb-c conecctions, a normal usb c, and a thunderbolt one.

In the USB-C, everything works fine, but if i switch to the thunderbolt, the hub was gone. My fix was going to the Thunderbolt Control Center (hope your pc have one, or look after it in the driver/software of your machine). and then jus Enable it, seems like for security it wasnt fully activated.

marcoangeldelatorre_0-1616117521718.png

0 Likes