cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: CJ79 USB Hub Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I tested the monitor USB function on a Mac laptop, and it works fine.  So the monitor doesn't have any issues.  The problem is with Windows 10, latest build.

One error I see is that the "Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub" device isn't working.  I suppose this is the issue.  Ideas?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the error message from Device Manager:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

So - seems that Windows wants a device driver for the hub built into the Samsung monitor?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, that error above has nothing to do with the monitor.  In fact, I see no indication that Windows even tries to detect the USB hub of the monitor.  When I plug and unplug the USB cable, I see no changes to Device Manager.

My monitor has FW: m-j7934cgab-1002.0

Is there newer firmware for the monitor? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also looking for the FIRMWARE updates - not the Windows driver. Please can you share a link from where these can be downloaded?

My current menu does not have any item to set HUB options as described in the manual.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, we just bought 2 monitors and USB hubs on both monitors are not working. I have installed the updated driver as per the link posted and restarted both computers. The mice and keyboards still don't work on those USB ports. It seems to work as a charging device for my phone and that's about it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.  I have the same issue with two of the monitors as well.  Can't figure out how to get the hub working under Windows 10.  The hub, by the way, works fine on a MacBook.  So, it seems to be a Windows/Monitor compatibility issue.  Samsung, please help!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a similar issue. The USB hub works with Thunderbolt, but when I try to use a HDMI cable, it stopped working. I also tried to connect a USB-C cable together with the HDMI cable on both the 15W and 85W port. But the hub still doesn't work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This may be helpful.

I've just taken delivery of my new CJ791 today and experienced a similar problem.  Macbook Pro saw the hub just fine, while my Win10 PC didn't.

I managed to fix the problem by temporarily swapping both USB-C cables in the back of the monitor..PC to the 85W port and Macbook to the 15W port.  As soon as I did this Windows saw the hub ports and everything worked nicely.  I then swapped them back to their original locations and tested again. Windows continues to work with the wired keyboard plugged into the hub.

Good luck, I hope this works for you too.  Give it a go.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the same issue and my screen was already replaced for another reason. SO the same issue on two screens.

It works perfectly on my macbook, but on my Lenovo T480s with Windows 10 2004 the USB hub doesn't work on both ports.

MY firmware is m-J7934CGAB-1006.4

The temporary fix mention before doesn't work for me.

I think this case is not solved.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To anyone having this problem - solution is simple - you can connect the hub to PC from either 85W or 15 W port to sandard USB port on a PC.  I do this using the standard charge cable that came with my S10+ Samsung phone and a standard usb female to male extender from the 15W port.  

The secret is that the USB hub "latches on" to the first port you activate it on. Switching between displays doesnt swith the hub over. 

If I have my Laptop on in the 85W port it's active there. 

To Switch to the hub to my PC in 15W port I have to unplug the laptop and then switch the USB hub off and back on again from the monitor settings menu and it starts to work fine.

To switch back to laptop I have to just plug 85W back in either when PC is switched off,  disconnected or  by resetting the USB off and on again when the 85W port is plugged in.

It doesn't act as a MUX/KVM as some newer monitors do - the Samsung 32:9 super wide monitors have the MUX/KVM function with the button just below the samsung logo in the middle of the underside bezel.

Hope this helps.