cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Chg70 and soundbar

Been trying to use my samsung soundbar and monitor together for my xbox. Using hdmi instead of optical to be able to use dolby atmos, issue though is no video or sound is display on the monitor. Samsung N850 soundbar allows for pass thru with hdmi.

Tried Xbox to soundbar-soundbar to monitor, has anyone been able to setup a console and soundbar with the Chg70 monitor?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Chg70 and soundbar

have you attempted to plug the console and soundbar to the monitor?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yea, xbox to monitor does recieve video but soundbar to monitor does not recieve sound

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Let's try connecting the Xbox to the input of your soundbar and the soundbar to the input of your monitor. If you can, check your HDMI cords and make sure you have the ones that can support your devices.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Tried it as well and no luck. Any way to verify on your side with Samsung to see if the chg70 accepts passthrough? Using rocketfish 4k cables that were used for passthrough on a tv 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Also are you able to try another Mointer/TV source? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Tried with amazon basic 4k hdmis as well on my nu7200 tv. Is able to passthrough with soundbar. Dont have another monitor or tv to test. Can you verify on your side with samsung to see if chg70 allows passthrough 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies for the delay after doing more research it does not allow passthrough. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hmmm so at this point there will be no way to plug in my soundbar?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I can use optical with adapter but trying to take advantage of the soundbar with its dolby atmos. Only supports it in hdmi tho, any work around samsung might have?