cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userF9G1ao40tF
Constellation

Confused with TBW reading on Samsung Magician with new 970 EVO PLUS NVMe SSD

Hi, I just got my laptop upgraded to an NVMe SSD model of "970 EVO PLUS NVMe 500GB" I also took advise to install "Samsung Magician" to boost and stabilize the drive performance. I notice on the main screen you have something called "TBW", mine on day 1 after installed with fresh Windows 10, already read 0.6TB, today (Day 2) 1.3TB seems "doubled", and the only things I do today is sync back my Dropbox ~ about 100GB. Somewhere in the official web site, specific details said this drive has a warranty of 5 years or 300 TBW. Now already 1.3 on day 2, is this reading means that in just less than 1 year, the warranty no more or the life span of the drive dead? https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970evoplus/ I really don't get it... Please.... enlighten me..., I never realize these kinds of TBW reading before, I used a few SSD before, Toshiba, Intel, and WD, and most of them I usually kinda "plug-and-play" and leave it, also no additional software installed to see any kind of TBW details... Many thanks in advance for sharing and teaching.
1 REPLY 1
RAJUMSC
Cosmic Ray

Re: Confused with TBW reading on Samsung Magician with new 970 EVO PLUS NVMe SSD

might be  issues  with firmware of ssd. I  am using 860 EVO 250gb  m.2  purchased on 22-06-2018.  just now I checked  27TB is  written   .  318 days are covered in one day 0.08Tb is writtened