Original topic:

Counterfeit MicroSD Evo+ cards

(Topic created: 09-10-2019 01:20 AM)
MADCAT
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,
I purchased the memory cards of the Samsung brand in the AliExpress online store (with delivery from China).
Cards model "Samsung MicroSD EVO +" in the volume of 64 and 256 Gb.
On receipt of this products - they turned out to be a fake (counterfeit).
The following characteristics do not match original:
The country of production (Taiwan)
The color of the microSD card (black)
a specially programmed controller is installed on the card that reports the above volume, but the real volume of both cards is 16 GB, the read / write speed is 5 Mb / sec, as tested by H2testw v1.4.
However, the seller sent the cards in their original packaging, and the holograms on the package are passing the test on Samsung web-site
https: (slash)(slash) support-cn (dot) samsung (dot) com (slash) product_validation/productverification/card_memory.html
The seller has also provided the authorization file from the samsung representative office in China / purchase invoice to proved the item was original
(most likely the cards were actually bought, but resold inside the country without packaging, and the package was used to sent a fake cards).
AliExpress asks for a formal response from Samsung office regarding the originality of these cards:
"We would like you to provide counter evidences as following within 7 calendar days: the official inspection statement from the brand owner."

Video of unpackaging:
www (dot) youtube (dot) com (slash) watch?v=3s84827ks-o&feature=youtu.be

Black side of the microsd card can be seen on the video at 222 seconds.

The data from h2testw application for 256Gb card:
Warning: Only 255991 of 255992 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
16.1 GByte OK (33799991 sectors)
233.8 GByte DATA LOST (490469577 sectors)
Details:71.5 KByte overwritten (143 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
233.8 GByte corrupted (490469434 sectors)
71.5 KByte aliased memory (143 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000406206e00
Expected: 0x0000000406206e00
Found: 0xa10b6d27b8aef320
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 9.28 MByte/s
Reading speed: 6.73 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Where i can get such official inspection statement (over the internet, since there is no samsung office in my city)? I can take additional pictures if needed.
Some of the other buyers on AliExpress has noted that they received such statement from Samsung representatives:
"Samsung confirm the case.. Black card from EVO means its a fake card (it should be white)"

11 Replies
WanderlustX2
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Awesome!  Glad to hear they gave you the money back! Man Happy

0 Likes
usery8rbRWtrGK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Guys just order from Official memory card sellers like samsung.com and etc, you wont have issues there. or you can order on amazon, cards sold by the official manufacturers such as "sold by Samsung" etc