Original topic:

Crg9 dropouts and gsync flicker

(Topic created on: 2/11/21 4:38 AM)
user7AyNvcqjNd
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey guys. 

I bought the crg9 a few weeks ago and have been having issues with it. Have suffered from a flicker with gsync enabled. This varies in severity between games. The last week I have also been having issues with it dropping out of fullscreen during a game (which at this point has rendered racing on it impossible). The screen goes blank for a few seconds and then it comes back, but the game is in windowed mode.

I contacted Samsung via the online support form about having a technician come and try to repair it on site, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Seems like this type of issue is common with the g9 series. Anyone have a possible solution? Is there any point getting a technician out, or returning for RMA, or are all the g9 screens like this?

Regards, 

Mark. 

2 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Your user manual discusses a few issues that cause flicker and it seems fluctuating fps is a prime factor.

Read the manual.

0 Likes
user7AyNvcqjNd
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Fps is solid. Issues seem to be somewhat improved by limiting screen to 100hz 10bit instead of 120hz 8bit. After reading around online it seems to be a common issue with some units.

I'm waiting for Samsung to reply to my request for a technician to be sent out to me to repair it. 

0 Likes