cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPlZCRXpRis
Constellation

DID 4391

Hello - I have an 850 EVO 256MB attached to my AMD-based PC runing win10-64.  But I am repeatedly getting a system freeze.  One possibility for this is that my SSDs has outdated firmware, so I loaded Magician 5.3.1 to check, and it said the firmware was up-to-date, but it also said this:

DID 4391

Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run.
If multiple iterations of Read and Write are performed, RAPID mode may become inactive due to system internal errors on some of the AMD / AsMedia Controller or Driver.

What does this mean?  Is there a problem with a driver that could cause my freezing problems with my system?  How do I fix it?  How do I know what driver could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Tony

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung_LgXc2Cz
Astronaut

Sir Please Go to a mobile repairing shop and do a new fir...

Sir Please Go to a mobile repairing shop and do a new firmware on your mobile.

userPlZCRXpRis
Constellation

Re: Sir Please Go to a mobile repairing shop and do a new fir...

It's not a mobile.  It's a SSD drive that is installed in my PC.

Re: DID 4391

Hello, userPlZCRXpRis

I'd suggest checking your windows installation first if you are experencing system freezing. Your system OS might be corrupted or having issues with Windows serivces.  However,  for troubleshooting Windows you need to contact Microsoft.

Please note: The message you are receiving from Samsung Magician isn't an actual problem with the drive. This message only shows up if you are using an AMD controller or driver that is outdated. If your AMD motherboard is a few years old, ignore that message. 

userPlZCRXpRis
Constellation

With the latest Win10 update, and after doing an SFC /scannow then a couple of reboots, my system seems to be working well now with no freezes.  But let's not jinx it.

Are you saying that a driver could be outdated, OR that I'm using an AMD controller, such that either condition will cause this error message?  If a driver is outdated, which one is it causing that error mesage?  Is there a log file somewhere that might list the problem?  

userrpR9aUdxD1
Constellation

Same here.  Just did a hardware upgrade (video card) and usually when I am intalling drivers etc. I check status of all drivers and devices.

Magician shows:

DID 4391

Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run.
If multiple iterations of Read and Write are performed, RAPID mode may become inactive due to system internal errors on some of the AMD / AsMedia Controller or Driver.

WHO NEEDS TO FIX WHAT?

userGAVk0LPSOI
Astronaut

Does anyone from Samsung have a fix for this?!?!  I am also getting this error now and it won't allow me to enable RAPID Mode.  This happened after I updated the firmware on the drive to version EMT02B6Q.  I have the same drive as the op, 850 EVO 250gb