cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Disable Encrypted Drive - PSID Revert? - Samsung EVO 970 +

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have two EVO 970 + NVMe that I originally enabled the "encrypted drive" feature on.  The problem is that I am now seeing TCG errors in event viewer everytime I reboot or power on the machine.  I have disabled bitlocker on both of the EVO 970+ in the system but the TCG error in event viewer persists.  At this point I just want to disable "encrypted drive" and use software based bitlocker on both drives.  I understand that I need to do a PSID revert on both drives to turn this function off and one of them is the boot drive.  What is the easiest way to do a PSID revert on the drives to disable the "encrypted drive" (hardware encryption) feature?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Disable Encrypted Drive - PSID Revert? - Samsung EVO 970 +

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to answer my own question 😁

I used SEDutil bootable USB to do a PSID revert on both the boot drive and the secondary fixed data drive in the system.  After I restored my backup (drives were wiped of course) I was able to disable the encrypted drive feature in the Samsung Magician software.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Disable Encrypted Drive - PSID Revert? - Samsung EVO 970 +

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to answer my own question 😁

I used SEDutil bootable USB to do a PSID revert on both the boot drive and the secondary fixed data drive in the system.  After I restored my backup (drives were wiped of course) I was able to disable the encrypted drive feature in the Samsung Magician software.

View solution in original post