Samsung is ridiculous this is what you get when you deal with a foreign company I will most likely be going back to Apple at least it's a US based company and dont scam
I just finished posting my own similar experience with an SSD, and saw this post. It's nauseating to know that this is happening with a company like Samsung. having to hound them to keep their committment when they are in possession of your property, and get stonewalled at every attempt is a nightmare!
No more Samsung for me after this.
It is beyond disrespectful the way they mislead and divert so they have you spending so much wasted time trying to get answers or getting wrong imformation. This process does not have to be so difficult. I hope you get a settlement quickly! I just keep reiterating to everyone I can to contact your local consumer protection agency and lodge a complaint! Samsung must respond so let them take some time and do some work instead of hiding out behind the 1 phone number they give to the nation that does nothing to help the people calling trying to get info. If they get enough complaints hopefully they will take action to cut them off from doing business and stealing money from their customers. I wish you the best of luck! Keep bugging them! I think I called them everyday for 2 weeks! It's a game of trying to wear you down! I kept phone records and copius notes along with dates and and names! Class action lawsuit worthy! Crooks! This forum was very helpful I will admit. Best of luck! fingers crossed!
I finally received my refund check today, after repeatedly (every other day) re-opening my support ticket with a very polite request for an update. It helped that the agent on the other end of that dialog (Alfredo) was actually helpful in contacting the RMA Refund team on my behalf each time I reopened my ticket. Between his empathy and professionalism, and ratcheting down my own frustration when contacting them, he finally got them to take a look at my case and do the needful.
I did realize an important fact, namely that reference numbers of the support ticket opened on the website is different from the RMA ticket. They are 2 different references. In my case, I actually received 3 or 4 of these numbers, all of which looked kind of similar. I hadn't realized that the originally assigned RMA number had transformed over time, and gone into some dark zombie limbo. It was only after my constant nagging, and Alfredo's resulting pushing, that the Refund team issued me a new reference number - which I wouldn't have known until Alfredo provided it to me.
So 2 things to keep in mind here: 1) Keep the support ticket dialog going even if the website claims the ticket is close. Simply adding a comment automatically re-opens it, and 2) Be sure to reference the assigned RMA# in each communication, and keep track of each successive number as it is assigned.