cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjMaDUqmVEO
Astronaut

Extremely frustrating customer support experience - refund and exchange

I sent my monitor in for repair in March. I received a broken unit back in April. I sent it back in April, in late April they claim the monitor cannot be repaired and they are out of stock. They offered me a full refund by check, 7-10 business days. A full month later, no one on their support team can help me. I am promised calls back from refund and exchange teams. I have chatted, called, emailed etc and I have lost hope. Nearly 4 months without a monitor or compensation at this point. 

How do I go about getting a refund? I really hope I dont have to file consumer complaints and small claims suits.

Has anyone had luck contacting this mysterious refund and exchange department? They have gone radio silent on me. 

This is been the most frustrating repair experience with any company. I'm so scared because I have a Samsung TV, range, dishwasher, fridge and washer dry. If any of these breaks under warranty, i'll be hosed again.

12 REPLIES 12
Metallichris1
Constellation

I would definitely continue to hound them....ask for mana...

I would definitely continue to hound them....ask for managers, etc. Just DON'T stop bugging them and demanding compensation or repair.

userjMaDUqmVEO
Astronaut

Re: I would definitely continue to hound them....ask for mana...

It's exhausting at this point. I have 3 ticket numbers 4149995854 - 4149847918 - 2208847617 and have spoken with 3 supervisors. 

Filing regulatory and legal complaints may be my next option. I've been on hold now for 1.25 hours. 

userAn6rw1GTjZ
Asteroid

I am dealing with the same situation! It's unreal how many people they are treating this way! I filled out paperwork on 8/31/19 had questions as the process is not explained in detail for a soundbar but was sent a link for refund portal finally and then had to call tech support because they left off the claim # that I needed to proceed. So insane, it's like a treasure hunt trying to get the info and answers. I emailed the link that was giving with an email address to the refund department and crickets for 5 days and of course the phone number is the tech support line and we know how helpful that is. I was on hold 1 day for a total of 4 hours! This is such a scam, they try to cause delay and everytime you call in, ask for a supervisor and go round and round again, and are told they are going to escalate still nothing. I have had a refund approval since 8/30/19 and I can't get a call back if my life depended on it. I requested a call back on 9/10/19 which is when they rec'd my soundbar via the tracking number and was told there was a 1-3 day turnaround I still have no refund and i gave my bank info on the refund portal and still nothing. This company is a huge insulting disappointment and I would welcome a class action lawsuit or something as they are jerking everyone around. I am over this insanity and just want my money Samsung!!!!! Insulting!!! 

Mdanish4
Cosmic Ray

I am having similar issue but with the cellphone repair. I sent my S10+ for screen replacement, UPS lost the device after it was repaired and supposed to be re-delivered to me. UPS has approved the claim but Samsung has not compensated me. It has been exactly a month since I am dealing with this. No closure still

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Extremely frustrating customer support experience - refund and exchange

Will you please send a private message with any ticket numbers you may have so I can look into this? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userjMaDUqmVEO
Astronaut

Sent. All of my replies to this thread get removed. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize. I'm not seeing any messages that have been removed. However, I did receive your private message and am looking into it now. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userjMaDUqmVEO
Astronaut

Thank you Rei. @SamsungJustin reached out with a potential resolution, the refund paperwork has been filed with 3 day turn around. Unclear what happens if the approval is declined, but i must say your social media support is 10x less frustrating than email/chat/phone/repair support. 

Thanks for looking into this team. I appreciate your prompt attention. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Just a quick update, Your check has been issued and mailed for the 150.00. The refund is in the final stages and just waiting to be submitted for payment processing. ^Justin