Original topic:

Firmware update for Samsung SSD T7 and T7 Touch through the Portable SSD Software 1.0

(Topic created: 08-13-2020 09:13 AM)
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello Community members,

Currently,  Samsung is distrubuting a revised version of firmware for the Portable SSD T7 and T7 Touch models. It fixes minor bugs related with connections and media players.
You can apply it through the Portable SSD Software 1.0 by just clicking the Update button (at bottom left) to move the update menu, while the T7 / T7 Touch is connected to the PC.
Then, click refresh button on the right side and apply the latest version firmware update.
Don't forget to reconnect T7 / T7 Touch product before use.

17 Replies
Timbra
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for the firmware update. However the Samsung T7 still does not work with a Black Magic ATEM Mini Pro ISO. Please note that the T5 does. Can this be recified? 

akangwi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The portable SSD software says that there's an update for the attached T7 Touch SSD. But the "update" option is greyed out and I can't update it. Is there an updated software needed or is this a problem with the T7 Touch SSD itself ?  I bought this T7 Touch about a month ago.

userR8oQJ9aHdz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Me too. I do not know how to update the firmware

AliasAvon
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Turn off security feature on ssd then update will no longer be greyed out.

0 Likes
useriCvNQEQ4W2
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I turn of windows security (avg), spyware and windows defender, but still it did not work.... the update button is still greyed out.  I just bought this product, and if this has so much trouble, I may return it...unless someone convinces me otherwise.....very poor feature for updating!

0 Likes
AliasAvon
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
turn off password and security on the t7 touch nit the computer 😅
0 Likes
AliasAvon
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
it tells you to turn security off on the t7 touch when you keep clicking the grey out button. i was struggling today lol but luckily it gave me the answer.
0 Likes
OffroaderSD
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just update the firmware on my one month old T7. I had the same issues as everyone else here but fumbled around with a few things and got it to work.  Here's what I did that did and did not work:

1. Attached drive, typed in pw and was notified about update.

2. Killed all excess programs and disabled antivirus

3. Hit update, and then it said it worked, but I had to reconnect drive to finish update

4. Ejected drive and plugged it back in (reconnect, as it says). *FAIL: Process Started over at Step 3*

5. Hit update again, got same message to reconnect to finish update.

6. Hit the refresh button instead of physically ejecting and reconnecting *TWICE* 

7. Successful update of firmware after hitting the refresh button (and letting it refresh) twice!

Now I'm annoyed because it won't let me paste a password from my password manager in to re-engage security mode so I have to type a super long super strong password in by hand. ephML

0 Likes
userhZhuEjm0GY
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you disable the security the update won't be greyed out.  hope that helps.

current issue is if there is a patch or something to allow T5 SSD software to work and not reinstall drivers after using the software for my T7 SSD and vice versa.  it worked before it deleted. 

any thoughts

0 Likes