Original topic:

G7 Odyssey Menu Button Not Working

(Topic created: 06-29-2022 08:05 AM)
userz48SigcN10
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a G7 Odyssey curved monitor that is around a year old.

Recently, the main menu button has ceased to work after the monitor has been on for some time.

I can access the Source menu (by bumping to the left) any time, but nothing else is available. Holding the menu button down to turn the monitor off also provided no results, and I have to resort to pulling the power cable to stop the flashing standby light and rhythmic low whine it emits when it's on standby.

There has been no event like a bump or drop that could have physically broken it.

I have tried resetting the monitor after removing it from it's power source, as well as checking for physical issues like dust or something blocking the button.

This is a very expensive bit of kit, and I rely on it for work as well as play. It's a bit disappointing that it's stopped working after a year.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

0 Likes
6 Replies
usereRABGq2OaI
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem with the same monitor 

0 Likes
userz48SigcN10
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I sent my unit off for repair as it was under warranty, snd Samsung replaced the switchboard. This seemed to work.

A few weeks later however, the issue started happening again. I have once again sent the monitor off for repair with Samsung.

I'll keep this thread updated if I/Samsung find a fix!

Out of curiosity, are you using an HDMI splitter or other adapter?

0 Likes
user2nXt8am5mo
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Mine started having this problem this week. Its still under warranty. And I was using it with an HDMI splitter  for the last 6 months with no problem. Has anybody found a solution (from Samsung or otherwise)? Because there are a lot of reports about this error but no permanent solution. 

0 Likes
userz48SigcN10
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

An update, in case anyone is still having the same issue.

I acquired a replacement monitor (same model) and it's been working brilliantly for a few months. Now, the problem is back and I can't even turn the monitor on as of this morning because the button doesn't respond.

I think, however, I have pinpointed the moment it goes wrong, at least for me. I have a few devices connected to the monitor. There is a tower PC (by DisplayPort), a work laptop (by HDMI) and a PS5 (by HDMI).

The issue resurfaced when the PS5 was turned off and it put the monitor on standby automatically. I held the button down to turn the monitor off properly at the same time, and nothing happened. The monitor went into standby mode, blinking light and all but the the button would not respond after this. After that, the problem has resurfaced.

This is absolutely a software issue as far as I can see, which is sad because that means it will never be fixed under Samsung warranty.

I'm not sure where to go from here, but will probably look into some local repair shops as Samsung repair just keeps taking part out and replacing them at random, which isn't working.

0 Likes
userMj5WxNDikd
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

It seems many people have the exact same issue with this said-to-be their flagship PC monitor, I also found many people complaining about this with videos on Youtube. So I'm wondering why haven't anyone from Samsung even give you a reply.
 @SamsungLarry 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have marked this post for our product experts.