Original topic:

G7 odyssey standby mode not working

(Topic created on: 3/27/21 8:48 AM)
userscrPJbHGXi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a dual monitor set-up with the g7 being my main display, and the 2nd screen being in extended mode.  When I turn off the g7, it disconnects from the computer instead of being on standby, and my 2nd screen becomes the main display.  Is there a way to turn on standby mode? None of my other monitors does this.  Is my monitor malfunctioning?

0 Likes
6 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Are any of your other monitors G7's?  What does the User Manual say?

0 Likes
userscrPJbHGXi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

No, this is the only G7 I won, so I am not sure if this is the same with other G7s'.  My other monitors do not do this.  They stay in standby more when I turn it off.  There is no option to turn on standby mode with the G7, it just disconnects from the computer when I turn it off.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can you tell me which model of the G7 that you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userscrPJbHGXi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

27" G7 Odyssey T1 Faker

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Are you turning the pc off or the monitor? Are you shutting down the pc or putting it into sleep mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userscrPJbHGXi
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am only turning off the monitor and leaving the computer on.  It disconnects from the computer, and my 2nd monitor becomes the main display.  So, I lose extended mode on the 2nd monitor.  When I turn it back on, it becomes the main display again.  I have had many monitors, and this is the only one that does that.  Is this with all G7s, or my monitor is defective?

0 Likes