Original topic:

G9 Odyssey, Cursor tent/color changes on right half of screen.

(Topic created: 07-12-2021 05:10 PM)
JDEdmo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok So I was working on a text document when I realized I could clearly see the cursor on one side of the screen and not the other.

So if the cursor Icon is the normal white pointer and you move it so the center of the monitor splits the cursor half the cursor will be grayish and the other half full white. If I go into paint and move a white box around I do not see any change to the box and while I am holding the mouse button down the cursor remains the same as well but as soon as I let up it will darken based on which side of the monitor its on.

Is this due to some settings I might have changed?
Has anyone ever heard or seen something similar?

Edit

So I think I has something to do with the Windows HDR settings.
I lowered the HDR/SDR slider for brightness balance and it seemed to fix it.  I also am running at 5120x1440 at 240Hz and I have Local dimming and Dynamic Brightness turned off.  As for the monitor the brightness and contrast for it are both set to 92 (ya I like it bright lol)

So I think its just a touchy/sensitive issue with brightness/contrast settings between windows and the monitor.

I am also not willing to toss the idea of pure heat or (on time) for the monitor but I have not really looked into it since it stopped doing it for me lol

0 Likes
4 Replies
usernFZxLWzhTf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue and now it's worse. It is like the effect is stacking. My mouse cursor is white on one the left and pretty much black on the right.

Mouse.png

The mouse is the only thing that does this.

0 Likes
JDEdmo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Made an edit to the main post but ya thanks for the image that was exactly the issue for me as well.

0 Likes
userbwNvyp5MCs
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

Encountering the same issue on my monitor (49G9) as well.  

Mouse pointer/cursor displays the correct brightness/colour on the left hand side of the monitor but shows a darken version on the right side of the screen.   Tested the default Window's white pointer colour as well as a couple of custom colours - all showed the same darkening effect on the right side of the screen.   This also appears to impact other programs cursors as well but doesn't  impact what's displayed on the screen, windows or menu bars.

Will try and play around with the settings between the monitor, windows and the graphics card to see what is causing this issue.  Tried to lowered the HDR/SDR slider for brightness balance within Window's control panel but it didn't remedy the issue.

0 Likes
userLildLbD4nW
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, has anyone found a solution to this? I am having the exact same issue.

0 Likes