Original topic:

G9 Won't Detect ANY Display Inputs with new 3080Ti GPU in PC

(Topic created: 07-28-2021 04:43 AM)
userAK7Ty01XyQ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey guys. Just picked up the new 3080ti Founder's Edition from Best Buy today. My G9 won't detect any of the Display Port or HDMI ports when it's plugged into my MOBO.

I can't download any NVIDIA drivers if the GPU isn't installed, so I'm not really sure what to do. Integrated graphics using an HDMI from my G9 to my MOBO (Z490, running an intel 10850k) doesn't work if the GPU is installed.

The only time it works is if I completely remove the GPU. Then, it will work with the HDMI from my G9 to my MOBO. This is very frustrating and I'm not sure how to get the monitor to detect my computer. 

4 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

So, we know the G9 works on the native HDMI on the  mobo so it's not a G9 issue.

Nothing works on the 3080 as it is acting like a dead brick.  Do you have ALL the power cables on the 3080 connected and is your PSU large enough?

Sounds like a trip over to the Nvidia support forums is in your future.

0 Likes
DrMath
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Had the same issue on my Evga FTW 3 Hybrid - 3080Ti, had to reduce the hz on it to 120hz that resolved the boot issue for now, i hope samsung is releasing a new Firmware to address this problem, its a mess.

0 Likes
usercSH8coS9qE
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm having the same issue. EVGA tech support says that it has to be fixed by Samsung, I hope this happens soon!

0 Likes
userJ2yiyqzn46
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Was there ever a fix for this? I'm having the very same problem with a different 21:9 display model (S34J550).

0 Likes